Thank You UNICEF

Posted December 6, 2013 no picture Lutfur Nahar

no picture Lutfur Nahar View Profile

Students from Brooklyn International HS picture with Katy Perry!!!

I am really thankful to UNICEF for giving me such a wonderful opportunity to meet Katy Perry. I know that everyone has a celebrity crush and I am one of them. I am grateful and it’s a great opportunity for me to participate in the Katy Perry event at UNICEF House in New York City. My high school, Brooklyn International, was invited to attend the event on December 3rd. I felt excited and kind of famous. When I told my friends that I met a world famous singer, they didn’t believe me. I was surprised and shocked myself because I didn't know that I would be meeting Katy Perry. I feel lucky that I met a world famous singer who will work for the rights of children around the world.

My favorite part of the event was when Katy Perry entered the room and when I first saw her. I was shaking and couldn’t believe that I was really seeing Katy Perry, who I am used to seeing in my dreams and on TV.

I think Katy Perry can change our world by helping poor children. I believe that because during the event she said, “I believe young people have the power to change their own lives, with our help,” and “I can help children and adolescents who come from such different backgrounds but want the same thing: a brighter future.”

Moreover, she has already been working with UNICEF and has traveled with the organization earlier this year. We all know that Katy is a world famous singer, that means that everyone knows her and she can inspire young people to be the change they wish to see in the world by writing songs about it and sharing them with the world. Also, every day she goes to many places, like TVs shows, events and programs in different countries. So, Katy can inspire people by sending valuable messages about uniting to help children.

children UNICEF Katy Perry Goodwill Ambassador