The bright side

Rajna Removic

Copyright: Nagy Dora Anna

Copyright: Nagy Dora Anna

May you always see the goodness in people. No matter how mean or vicious they look. Everyone has a soft side. A compassionate one. That cares about people and their well-being. And may you always encounter this side in people.

If you don't, don't give up. Don't walk away. Don't be resentful. Give them a chance. Look for a ray of light in their eyes. Search for a place where their skin is warm. Find a mild, kind tone in their words. Believe in their goodness even when they don't. It's easy to abandon, to see the worst in people, to judge their words and condemn their behaviour. But, try to spot the details. The ones that give them away as fragile, sensitive human beings. They care, they smile, they cry, they love, they suffer just as much as we do.

Every single one of them has their own little story. Typical, yet special. Dull, yet extraordinarily interesting. They all have distant dreams sparkling in their eyes, they all carry the weight of broken hearts and silenced tears on their shoulders. That's why they don't smile much. And they can be rude. And hostile. Lonely, cold introverts.

But they loved once too. They were happy and free and open-minded. Try to understand their painful story, unknown to you. Maybe you'll never discover the reason behind their grudge, but that doesn't mean you should think they turned their back on the world. Because they probably believe the world turned its back on them. So it’s up to you to prove them wrong.

Smile kindly, offer a warm greeting, help with your firm, friendly grip.

Let them see that the world doesn't give up on people.

Let them see someone still sees the light in them.

Let them see someone still cares.

In the end, we are all just humans, possessed by our grief, waiting for a smile. Anyone’s.