The Results and a confession.

Posted August 31, 2014 no picture Artemis B.

no picture Artemis B. View Profile

So...My results were announced on Wednesday. I woke up really early, since I was so nervous & curious to find out if I made it. But, deep down, I had a feeling that I didn't pass to the university I had as a second choice, after journalism. But what I would see was the last thing I could imagine...

I didn't pass. Anywhere...

I froze...I couldn't believe it. ''Not even a single one?'' I thought. I was sad and angry. I was prepared for it, but when it happens, it’s a little difficult to absorb. I tried to stand calm, but my nervousness made me break down in tears. And it was quite helpful, since a few minutes later, I felt better.

You see, the scores that are needed for the universities and the schools where you can study are really high! And this year, it was crazy. I hadn't seen anything like that before. Maybe I was little or not even born at all, when and if it happened.

I wonder if this happened for a reason. They say that everything happens for a reason, so I'm really curious…But only time will tell.

For now, I'm going to study again - with some additional help from extra lessons - and take the exams; the dream of journalism is still alive- and so is Sociology's one - although the marks went to their highest. Who knows, maybe they'll be lower next year.

I must confess that I wasn't so sure that I can go through this again. I even thought to study at these kind of schools that you pay for. The idea of giving exams again is still a little terrifying, but I think that it deserves one more try. It will be hard and tiring, but these are things that I've done before, so I guess-and I hope- that it'll be a little easier this time. All I can do at least for now is study. And if this is a step that will bring me closer to one of these jobs (Journalism/ Sociology/ Social Work), then, I’ll do it. And if I didn’t succeed, I’ll give it a try and go to the other kind of school, that I mentioned either.

On my very first post I told you this: "Stick to your dream and fight hard for it. Remember; hard work will eventually pay off''.

It's the truth. Personally, I was so disappointed that I didn't make it at first. But,then,I thought "Hey, you must NOT give up".

Now that I think about it, this is what everyone tells me. For example, I remember in one of my first conversations after the results, my aunt told me: "When we have a dream, we do everything we can, in order to make it real.'' And she's right. We all have dreams. And it's in our hands to make them come true.

For the next nine months, I’ll do everything I can in order to succeed. And this is my advice to you. Try. Try hard. And you'll see that the results will not disappoint you.

Love,
Artemis

PS: I want to thank my family, the people of my community, my friends, as well as my Twitter friends, especially the ones who took part at this year's national exams-we became a family-for their support. I highly appreciate it and it gives me courage to be strong, patient and try again. I love you all! :) <3

education Greece Studies Exams