VOY: Inspire! 3 Strikes with Adam Braun

Avatar International Youth Representative
Unitika Schlawenger

Unitika Schlawenger Interviews Adam Braun, 2016.

Source: https://studio.stupeflix.com/v/GZQhniKqouzA/

Adam Braun is the Founder of Pencils of Promise, an award-winning organization that began with just $25 and has since broken ground on 325 schools across the world. He also is the creator of the "For-Purpose" approach to business and philanthropy, which combines for-profit business acumen with the best of social sector idealism. Braun graduated from Brown University, began his career at Bain & Company, and has been a featured speaker at the White House, United Nations and Clinton Global Initiative.

"The Promise of a Pencil: How an Ordinary Person Can Create Extraordinary Change" is his New York Times bestselling debut book, which shares his personal journey from high finance through more than 50 countries and explains the essential steps that every person must take to discover their own life of passion and purpose.

Richard Branson says of the book, "For anyone looking to transform the world, this book will show you how to get it done."

I was fortunate enough to attain a golden opportunity to interview Adam Braun.

Hello, Adam! I’m Unitika Schlawenger on behalf of UNICEF’s Voices of Youth. Thank you for making up time for this interview.

First of foremost, I would like to congratulate you for your widely acknowledged and bestselling guidance Book, The Promise of a Pencil. There are other words of appreciation from myself and many others, for your help in promoting education, and by showing the world proof that Knowledge is Power.

For my 3 Strikes Interview with you, I hope you can give us food for thought on the following matters:

1- You say an ordinary person can create extraordinary change, of course that includes today’s youth. Keeping in mind the youth group, how would you advise today’s youth about building the future and making that extraordinary change?

2- As anyone can see from your journey, team work is very important towards success as an entrepreneur or any other field. Together Everyone Achieves More. What is your opinion on this fact, and would the Pencils of Promise organization have come into existence without a collective team effort?

3- Voices of Youthis UNICEF's global online community where youth learn about their rights and share their views on issues that matter, One of the 30 Mantra’s in your book is to “Listen to your Echoes”. As an international youth representative, I propose that youth should follow this Mantra, but should also release their thoughts, discuss and debate any matters which they think matter. What would you advice youth today on expressing their thoughts and ideas instead of keeping them in silence in their inner circles? How important is this rule?

The answers to these interview questions are included in the video file.

Due to a busy schedule, Adam Braun was able to answer 3 main questions to share his views with the youth community here on VOY. For more information on how you can create an extraordinary change, and the 30 Mantra’s which can help you dream bigger and achieve more, do purchase and read the PoP Book: The Pencil of Promise, found here.