When #Ebola Can Save A Life

Posted August 7, 2014 no picture Victor Brown Omovbude

no picture Victor Brown Omovbude View Profile

The last two weeks have not been a beautiful one on the global backdrop. The war in the Middle East and the gradual ravaging of lives in the West Africa sub-region are some of the ongoings.

Source: http://youthhubafrica.org/2014/08/05/when-ebola-ca...

The last two weeks have not been a beautiful one on the global backdrop. The war in the Middle East and the gradual ravaging of lives in the West Africa sub-region are some of the ongoings. The latter is fearful especially as the World Health Organisation’s chief has said that “Ebola is spreading faster than the effort to control it”. Nigeria has also shared a spotlight on the news stream about Ebola following the unfortunate death of Mr. Patrick Sawyer who apparently had contracted the Ebola Virus Disease from Liberia. His primary contacts while enroute and within the country (69 of them) are suspects and would likely determine the fate of Nigeria as to if the virus would make an incursion into our country. If anything, no one wishes Nigeria this ill fate. On social media space, awareness about the deadly virus is strong enough. With two major hashtags – #Ebola and #EbolaOutbreak, the preventive measures with which to prevent the virus is enjoying a viral spread.

nigeria West Africa Ebola