Who am I?

Avatar Refugee Youth Ambassadors of Peace
Nice Nhial

Free source: Unsplashed

Free source: Unsplashed

I see myself as a work of art that I can create to spark conscious awakening. When I think about how my existence has evolved I get excited because I do not know how it will turn out. What really captivates me is the fact that I can play a part in creating a work of art to be the best it could possibly be, to be appreciated by those who live now and the ones who shall come after me. I believe the Almighty God - Creator has given me the power to create the best version of myself.

I have been a refugee in Kakuma Refugee Camp located in North-Western Kenya for seven years so far. Kakuma Refugee Camp is a home to about 150,00 refugees from 18 countries. I have learned a lot from my own experience as a refugee and from the experiences of many other refugees I have interacted with in the camp. I believe that being a refugee does not limit me to anything, I still have the power to create the best version of myself, a version that will be admired and appreciated by those who live now and the ones who shall come after me.

I am passionate about human rights activism, I love peace and advocating for girl's education. I am a human rights advocate because I believe our world would be a better place when people learn to respect our rights declared in the Universal Delclaration of Human Rights (UDHR). I love peace because it is only by people living in peace that they could be able to enjoy their earthly stay fully. Finally, I believe in the power of an educated woman.