Why I love my country

Posted August 23, 2014 no picture Moonga

no picture Moonga View Profile

© UNICEF/NYHQ2012-2306/Matas

© UNICEF/NYHQ2012-2306/Matas

Zambia is a landlocked country located in the central part of southern Africa. It is made up of more than 70 ethnic groups scattered all over the country. All these groups have different cultures and beliefs. Despite having so many ethnic groups, Zambia boasts of being a peaceful country since gaining independence in 1964.

This does not just come but requires understanding and having a spirit of embracing one another. Logically speaking with so many ethnic groups with different cultures and beliefs conflicts are prone to occur. This is because everyone wants to be considered superior over the other. And sometimes some groups fight over power. Also the world we are living in today is a world full of fights over territories.

Peace can prevail in all nations if we can embrace one another. If only every individual can think of the other person as a brother or sister. If we think like that, no one would want to harm the other person and no one would want to see the other person suffer. Peace will make every child and every woman live without fear because children and women are the ones who suffer most due to negative impacts of no peace.

“I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO A WORLD WHERE PEACE WILL BE THE COMMON LANUGUAGE.”

peace Zambia Blogging Intern 2014