World Summit Youth Award - deadline to participate is extended to July 15th!

Posted June 28, 2013 no picture

YOUNG DIGITAL POWER 4 SOCIAL GOOD

An international contest for a global change. Promoting digital technologies acting for a better future.

Apply Now: the deadline has been extended to July 15th, 2013 - Click Here

The World Summit Youth Award selects and promotes the world´s best practice in e-content. It demonstrates young people´s potential to create outstanding digital contents via Internet and Mobiles and serves as a platform for people from all UN member states to work together in the efforts to reach the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). The Youth Award is organized by the International Center for New Media, a not-for-profit Organization based in Salzburg, Austria.

6 GOALS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

- Showcasing the best projects from young developers, designers and producers

- Demonstrating young people´s potential and entrepreneurship spirit

- Addressing poverty, hunger, inequality and environmental damage and creating awareness of the potential of Internet and Mobiles to tackle today´s challenges

- Promoting best practice examples in new media that get action on the MDGs

- Contributing to the UN post-2015 development and the EU Digital agendas ´discussions

- Empowering and connecting people through a global networking platform for everyone interested in ICTs & new media for social challenges.

6 CATEGORIES TO BECOME A DIGITAL CHAMPION

- Fight Poverty, Hunger and Disease

- Education for All

- Power 2 Women

- Create your Culture

- Go Green

- Pursue the Truth

Are you a young person up to 30 years of age? Are you involved in a youth initiative producing outstanding digital content towards achieving the UN Millennium Development Goals? Then make sure to submit your project for the next edition of the World Summit Youth Award (WSYA)!

Call for applications: until July 15th, 2013