You are beautiful...

Posted August 20, 2014 no picture Artemis B.

no picture Artemis B. View Profile

Dear girl, dear woman,

I will begin with this; you are beautiful. You are gorgeous and no one can take this from you. Many times, women are not respected. From non-developed countries to sexism, many women are abused, both physically and mentally. As a result, they don't have confidence, they don't believe in themselves, their powers and their beauty and many fall into depression, or even worse, they commit suicide.

Unfortunately, society has a big part of this tragedy. Even though we live in the 21st century, there is still pejudice against them. From what they wear, to their work, the sexual preferences and their weight, many women are bullied; even from other women.

What should you do? First of all, if you are a victim of sexual harassment, or see someone being harassed, don't be silent. Go to the police, or talk to someone you trust. They will help you.

Second of all, if someone bullies you about your looks, the way walk, talk, etc., don't pay any attention. You are special. You are unique. So,be proud of who you are, what you do, and who you love.

Before I finish this article, I would like to reference John Legend's video clip, above. It inspired me to write this article. The reason? In this video, many women and girls, from different countries and ages appear. You can see a pregnant woman, a soon-to-be bride, girls who are going to graduate, a lady who is wearing a wig, a same-sex couple, a little girl with Down Syndrome, and the list goes on. There are many differences between them, but with their beautiful smiles, they can help you understand what unites them is greater than what divides them. So, please, take a look at the video. It's very encouraging and educational.

See you all.
Love,
Artemis

women girls pride LGBT AllWomen BeYou