Youth Responsibility and Possible Solutions for Refugee Resettlement

no picture Founder
Sangram

What does it mean to be a refugee? - Benedetta...

Do you think not having money is the biggest problem? Yes, then you might have not heard the term called 'Refugee'.

Have you ever thought of, "What does it mean to be a refugee?"

Watch this video and just for a moment think about you would do in the same situation?

What will you do? Where? Why? How?

If you have thought deeply you will learn what are the problems you might face, and the situations you might find yourself in; the need to risk your life unaware of what's coming next. In this globalisation era ‘are you safe?’

"People fleeing persecution and conflict have been granted asylum in foreign lands for thousands of years. The UN agency that helps refugees is UNHCR (also known as the UN Refugee Agency), which emerged in the wake of World War II to help Europeans displaced by that conflict.

UNHCR was established on December 14, 1950 by the UN General Assembly with a three-year mandate to complete its work and then disband. The following year, on July 28, the legal foundation for helping refugees and the basic statute guiding UNHCR's work, the United Nations Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, was adopted. So instead of ending its work after three years, UNHCR has been working ever since to help refugees.

One possible solution to for refugee management is the creation of a UID(Unique ID) for people on earth. One ID for all citizens worldwide, where the data can be managed by the UN. The UID could also track the criminal and health record of the citizens. Banking solution using UID that will act as KYC. Digital currencies like BitCoin can be put to use for the welfare of refugee. For example, accepting donations, accepting payments for the service they can provide over internet, and more…

As youth what are our responsibilities or what can we do to help refugees cope with their situations?

1. If you are an entrepreneur, hire refugees.

2. You may donate - money, time, labour.

3. Vote for the politician who think about these issues.

4. Have Empathy!

5. Share your knowledge so it will grow!

6. Support Enabling Environment.