Youth vs. Age

Avatar International Youth Representative
Unitika Schlawenger

Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art. (Stanislaw Jerzy)

During life’s paths we often face some mind games entitled Youth vs. Age – am I too old to wait enthusiastically for the ice cream van, or am I still too young to have a clue about my future plans?

In times like these it is best to know that age is no barrier, it’s only a limitation set up by our own minds.

In that way, if you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.

Today is the oldest you have ever been and the youngest you will ever be again.

Therefore, today is the best day to decide to live your life and forget your age.

If time is only merely a concept created by humans, let us toll the seconds for a better reason.

Let us measure our years with our experiences, with the times we got up after falling boosting our scores. Let us measure our years with the number of friends, with the number of smiles we let pass rainbows during the cloudy days.

In youth we learn, in age we understand (Marie von Eber)

So let us learn from our mistakes to sustain a future of other mistakes.

Let us be mature not in our age, but by our actions and ways.

Let us not grow older but riper.

Love your “age” – you are old enough to know better, young enough to not care, and experienced enough to trust yourself to be doing it right.

You are winning the game of life if you are keeping such a mindset above the doubts in mind.

Let me ask you how old would you be if you weren’t how old you are?

“Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, and not count the years” (Ausonius)

I would choose to be called amongst the youth, every day.

“Youth has no age” (Picasso)

Always remember,

“Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever” (Walt Disney)

You are never too early or too late, to change your lanes.

You are only as old or as young you ever want to be.

Program your brain to work that way and there’s a road to success you will be driving on.

As a youth filled community, I am extremely proud to be witnessing people in their early teens joining us, and am equally honored to be seeing our “elders” being amongst us and helping to fuelling us.

Once you choose to be amongst the youth, you will never be asked to retire.

Here’s to all of us:

“The years ahead are ours to win and cherish. We cannot let anything, least of all our age, stand in our way!” (Tina Sloan)

- Unitika Schlawenger

International Youth Day 2017