Zambian Chidren's Climate Conference 7 underway

Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia

ZCCC7/ Lusaka/ Zambia

ZCCC7/ Lusaka/ Zambia

The Zambian Children's Climate Conference 7 (ZCCC7) training of trainers kicked off yesterday in Zambia's Capital, Lusaka, with 50 child climate ambassadors drown from all the 10 provinces of Zambia taking part. The conference aims at building and grooming a new generation of youth ethical and visionary leaders from different social backgrounds, bringing them together to share ideas, identify ,and devise solution to the most pressing environmental issues in their respective communities.

The ZCCC program is UNICEF Zambia's signature program which empowers and inspire young people of Zambia to mitigate and find adaptation strategies to the most pressing climate related issues and problems in their respective community. The program was established in April 2010 and it annually trains more than 150 Zambian Children as child climate ambassadors. To-date the program as trained more that 825 child climate ambassadors who have proved to be real protagonists for change in their schools and communities. This year marks the 7th conference since the first conference was conducted. The child delegates to the conference are also empowered with skills in communication for development, focusing on the power of radio, online social media platforms, and theatre for development in creating social change.