SOWC 2017

UNICEF's flagship report The State of the World’s Children 2017: Children in a digital world examines the different ways digital technology is affecting children’s lives and life chances, identifying dangers as well as opportunities.

To add a youth perspective, we asked eight Voices of Youth bloggers from around the world to write an in-depth piece on how digital technology is affecting their lives. You can find their contributions below.

To read the full SOWC report, please visit: https://uni.cf/sowc

Image credit: © UNICEF/UNI190722/d’Aki

Digital safety

This article was written by Yousef Al Herek, 17, Hama, Syrian Arab RepublicNowadays, young people sp...

Endless possibilities

This article was written by Jack Liddall, 16, Edinburgh, United KingdomIt can be quite difficult to...

The digital economy: Advancing the opportunities for youth in Jamaica

This article was written by Devonnie Garvey, 19, Ocho Rios, JamaicaThe digital economy is an economy...

Overexposed and overexaggerated: The unfiltered truth about social med...

This article was written by Ashley Tan, 17, SingaporeAllow me to let you in on an inner secret my cl...

Holistic education in the digital era

This article was written by Dennar Gary Alvarez Mejia, 19, Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Plurinational St...

In 20 clicks

This article was written by Jenn Little, 16, Bel Air, United States Three clicks and eight keystroke...

Online, my wheelchair is invisible

This article was written by Ivan Bakaidov, 18, Saint-Petersburg, Russian FederationNowadays digital...

The digital divide in Benin

This article was written by Emmanuella Ayivi, 15, Cotonou, Benin Thanks to the internet and digital...