#Culture

Our world is rich in different cultures, customs and traditions. Isn’t it exactly this diversity that makes our planet so beautiful?

Most cultural practices and landmarks are tied to a certain place or a certain people and are often intertwined with the local history. Some cultural customs are only practiced by a very small group of people and are therefore at risk to be forgotten and extinct - an example is customs of some indigenous peoples. Other cultural customs transgress the place where they originated from and become popular around the world - the increased global access to the Internet reinforces this development.

Be it music, cinema, art, dance, food, fashion or language, young people are often at the forefront when it comes to new developments in these areas. At the same time, young people are the ones that preserve ancient traditions by receiving cultural wisdom from the previous generation and passing it on to the next one.

An increasingly globalized and interconnected world allows us to experience and enjoy the beauty of cultural diversity like never before. At the same time, cultures sometimes clash - new and unknown cultural customs can lead to anxiety among native populations and create fears. As open-minded international young people, it’s our duty to serve as bridges for dialogue between different cultures and dismantle fears by raising awareness about the benefits of multiculturalism!

Researching issues connected to culture, you might want to check out these resources:

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization - Culture

UN Alliance of Civilization - Programmes and Projects

Center for Intercultural Dialogue - Key Concepts in Intercultural Dialogue

Open Culture - The Big List of Culture Blogs (old but still a great list!)

The Hidden Victims of the Migration Crisis

When I found out that my mother was dead, I collapsed on the floor and started screaming hystericall...

Love

What is love?Love can be defined as an intense feeling of deep affection, or to feel a deep romantic/ sexual attachment to (someone/something). With love, people can be kinder, nicer, and much more patient towards each other. Love fuels up this passion inside of us that drives us to do things for/t...

The Lost Marble

“make your last journeyfrom this strange worldsoar for the heightswhere there is no moreseparation o...

Missing Home

It wasn’t like I didn’t know it would happen, but rather, that it would happen sooner than later. T...

Hope for a change

I don't know if the people really don't know what happens in this world, or if they are just ignoran...

Kaleidoscope

As a young 10 year old I remember making a simple kaleidoscope. I was awe struck by the marvellous p...

An Amplified Voice

Scrolling relentlessly on my Facebook newsfeed, I stumbled upon the opportunity to continue my pursu...

Young

Sweet delight is youth,when time heals and doesn’t rob yet,flames of verve burncoloring the irises,...

Adelaide or the girl living from memories

This is a story of a brave girl.That brave girl is named Aldelaide. Adelaide was finding inspiration...

TEAM CHANGETHEWORLD

She allowed me to live in Nigeria. There I visited a local marketplace and tried some “gray watery S...