#Education

Everyone has the right to a good education! When young people are educated they are more likely to be aware of their rights and better able to make sure that these rights are respected. At the same time, education provides young people with vital skills and critical thinking and confidence, creating a healthy basis for everyone to succeed in life.

Besides formal education, such as education provided by schools and universities, there are other forms of education that become increasingly more relevant. Non-formal education, for example, entails education that is being provided by youth organizations, out-of-school clubs and e-courses. Informal education happens while discussing with friends and family or surfing the Internet.

Unfortunately, not every child and young person around the world has access to education. Some families are too poor to send their children to school, while other young people aren’t able to go to school due to safety concerns such as sexual harassment, violence or bullying. Some youth living in remote areas have no access to the Internet, while others don’t have access to educational facilities due to conflict or natural disasters. Too many girls are denied education due to local traditions, while other girls can’t attend school due to early pregnancies.

As education is a human right, it’s everyone’s responsibility to advocate for accessible and affordable education for all!

Researching issues connected to education, you might want to check out these resources:

Right to Education – Understanding Education as a Right

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – Education in the 21st Century

BBC – Future Education

Ted – Education

Getting Smart – 50 Top Sources of Free eLearning Courses

Tough times don’t last; Tough people do

We all know time never stays constant. It perpetually changes. So here’s a story of a girl whose tou...

Holistic education

EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION. This is what we hear all the time but just saying it won't help any...

2018 Hidden Eco-Hero(in) Awards

For the past 11 months (and counting) I have been part of an amazing, children/youth driven Platform...

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion

If you only give your opinion in this practical world, and expect that everything will change accord...

Awkward fear

Her hands are shaking, heart is beating fast, eye pupils are expanding, and she can’t stop looking d...

Think positive and act wisely

“Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are th...

Canada is developing its feminist international assistance policy

Interesting enough, Canada has shocked the international community once more, viewing its developmen...

The secret university life

During the three years I have been on campus it was not just studying psychology.I studied the lives...

Learning in the 21st Century

Learning is an everyday process for humans and it is critical to an education. The process in which...

When life becomes a brute force attack

A long time ago, I was watching this video by Hank Green called “The Parable of The Perfect Pot,” in which Hank outlined an experiment that I’m sure we’ve all heard before in some manner.Basically, there were two teams assigned with two different tasks. One team (Team A) had to create the most numbe...