#Education

Everyone has the right to a good education! When young people are educated they are more likely to be aware of their rights and better able to make sure that these rights are respected. At the same time, education provides young people with vital skills and critical thinking and confidence, creating a healthy basis for everyone to succeed in life.

Besides formal education, such as education provided by schools and universities, there are other forms of education that become increasingly more relevant. Non-formal education, for example, entails education that is being provided by youth organizations, out-of-school clubs and e-courses. Informal education happens while discussing with friends and family or surfing the Internet.

Unfortunately, not every child and young person around the world has access to education. Some families are too poor to send their children to school, while other young people aren’t able to go to school due to safety concerns such as sexual harassment, violence or bullying. Some youth living in remote areas have no access to the Internet, while others don’t have access to educational facilities due to conflict or natural disasters. Too many girls are denied education due to local traditions, while other girls can’t attend school due to early pregnancies.

As education is a human right, it’s everyone’s responsibility to advocate for accessible and affordable education for all!

Researching issues connected to education, you might want to check out these resources:

Right to Education – Understanding Education as a Right

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – Education in the 21st Century

BBC – Future Education

Ted – Education

Getting Smart – 50 Top Sources of Free eLearning Courses

One Girl, 7 Generations, 150 Years Secured - Educate

Education has always been neglected and if that education has to be for a girl child, then that was considered to be against the respect of man. It seems obnoxious to hear but yes that's the past or distant past we have seen. Nevertheless we have come a long way in terms of thinking and in t...

Gathering hope for an intangible future

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to attend Jusoor 2016 bootcamp to learn more about entrepren...

Anticipating 2017:What's relevant to the well being of children and y...

In 2017, we renew our commitment towards Zimbabwean children and its young people. For us it is a...

Not so different

Amidst screams of ‘mango’ and excessive sniffling due to chalk dust, I decided to sit down. I was volunteering at a local school for underprivileged children. The setting wasn’t conducive to learning. Situated on a narrow street leading uphill. On one side, there was a stream strewn wi...

Money Management Tips For Students

As an average college student, you may not have all the money you need to go by. Your main income...

That moment of happiness

“Daai, paach rupya dinu na !” [Brother, please give me five rupees.] That little girl came...

What I've learned so far...

2016 wasn’t the best year of my life but wasn’t the worst neither. 2016 was the year I learned...

Outstanding people have one thing in common: an absolute sense of miss...

Many people think about getting a leadership position, but they don’t think about the mission....

Martin Luther King's Birthday!

It's his birthday... Martin! *Breathes in* My feeling? Happy. On this day, 15th of January so many years ago, a leader was born. Everyone knows who Martin Luther King Jr. is but unlike others, I idolize him. Why? Simple! He's my spiritual godfather…Hahaha. Every year on this day, I watch...

New Day, New Dollar

There was this man called Captain Abu, I knew him in 2012 when I was doing my internship in an avi...