#Education

Everyone has the right to a good education! When young people are educated they are more likely to be aware of their rights and better able to make sure that these rights are respected. At the same time, education provides young people with vital skills and critical thinking and confidence, creating a healthy basis for everyone to succeed in life.

Besides formal education, such as education provided by schools and universities, there are other forms of education that become increasingly more relevant. Non-formal education, for example, entails education that is being provided by youth organizations, out-of-school clubs and e-courses. Informal education happens while discussing with friends and family or surfing the Internet.

Unfortunately, not every child and young person around the world has access to education. Some families are too poor to send their children to school, while other young people aren’t able to go to school due to safety concerns such as sexual harassment, violence or bullying. Some youth living in remote areas have no access to the Internet, while others don’t have access to educational facilities due to conflict or natural disasters. Too many girls are denied education due to local traditions, while other girls can’t attend school due to early pregnancies.

As education is a human right, it’s everyone’s responsibility to advocate for accessible and affordable education for all!

Researching issues connected to education, you might want to check out these resources:

Right to Education – Understanding Education as a Right

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – Education in the 21st Century

BBC – Future Education

Ted – Education

Getting Smart – 50 Top Sources of Free eLearning Courses

Teaching the new generation about recycling: green initiatives for the...

Today, environmental awareness is not an option, but a necessity and its presence needs to make itse...

Fighting 'Brain Drain': Youth Forum on Policy-making

2018 was a rough year for everyone around the world - from government officials and ministers who we...

Holistic approach towards fashion

The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that American households on an average, spend $1,700 a yea...

Literacy, hospitality, and Labuan Bajo

"What this place offers is more than astonishing, a piece of heaven with good hospitality", said a G...

The day everything became impossible

Can a human being hold a Master’s degree or even a PhD? How is it possible? I believe it is impossi...

In the name of healthy interaction

A medical degree is regarded as one of the most prestigious feats that can be achieved by a person....

Not doing well in school

I came from a small school. Two classes, about 50 students per cohort. I also came from a mother who...

Bridging the STEM Skills Gap in Sri Lanka

As technological advances become an integral part of our factories and work-spaces, a strong backgro...

Suck At Public Speaking? You're Not Alone

Ask me to write a novella in less than a week and I'll have a rough draft given to you a day before...

Tough times don’t last; Tough people do

We all know time never stays constant. It perpetually changes. So here’s a story of a girl whose tou...