#Education

Everyone has the right to a good education! When young people are educated they are more likely to be aware of their rights and better able to make sure that these rights are respected. At the same time, education provides young people with vital skills and critical thinking and confidence, creating a healthy basis for everyone to succeed in life.

Besides formal education, such as education provided by schools and universities, there are other forms of education that become increasingly more relevant. Non-formal education, for example, entails education that is being provided by youth organizations, out-of-school clubs and e-courses. Informal education happens while discussing with friends and family or surfing the Internet.

Unfortunately, not every child and young person around the world has access to education. Some families are too poor to send their children to school, while other young people aren’t able to go to school due to safety concerns such as sexual harassment, violence or bullying. Some youth living in remote areas have no access to the Internet, while others don’t have access to educational facilities due to conflict or natural disasters. Too many girls are denied education due to local traditions, while other girls can’t attend school due to early pregnancies.

As education is a human right, it’s everyone’s responsibility to advocate for accessible and affordable education for all!

Researching issues connected to education, you might want to check out these resources:

Right to Education – Understanding Education as a Right

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – Education in the 21st Century

BBC – Future Education

Ted – Education

Getting Smart – 50 Top Sources of Free eLearning Courses

A life-changing 6 weeks

I spent 6 weeks of the summer of 2018 in Bucharest, Romania in the Caro Summer Camp. From the moment...

Girls Power in the face of Climate Change

Mitigating Climate Change starts with an idea, an inspiration that can lead to new doors opening. All it takes to make progress in the fight against this apocalyptic change is to think outside the box. We have to be bolder, more determined and able to take the initiative. Climate change is affecting...

Fight For Children's Rights

Children are the most vulnerable people in the world. They’re given much attention, but this isn’t e...

Girl: a fighter, a survivor

You’re a girl, this is not your cup pf tea. You cannot beat so called powerful men, Don’t be late,...

Things I like to remember

There is a certain set of things I like to remember. Most of the quotes or ideas that I keep with me...

Should schools allow students to use gadgets in the classroom?

A gadget is a small tool or electronic device which anyone can use, especially among this generation...

Does Age Define Our Voices?

Does your appearance define your intelligence?Does your naivety define your experiences?Does your yo...

About being fair.

We are all human and humans will always make mistakes. Even when you are in a very high position. Ev...

The ruthless world

We were stuck in a traffic jam in Liberty, Lahore. My mother brooded at the disorderly traffic, whil...

What I wish my younger self knew

Growing up, we all face difficult times. We have our happy days while playing in the sand, and sad d...