#Education

Everyone has the right to a good education! When young people are educated they are more likely to be aware of their rights and better able to make sure that these rights are respected. At the same time, education provides young people with vital skills and critical thinking and confidence, creating a healthy basis for everyone to succeed in life.

Besides formal education, such as education provided by schools and universities, there are other forms of education that become increasingly more relevant. Non-formal education, for example, entails education that is being provided by youth organizations, out-of-school clubs and e-courses. Informal education happens while discussing with friends and family or surfing the Internet.

Unfortunately, not every child and young person around the world has access to education. Some families are too poor to send their children to school, while other young people aren’t able to go to school due to safety concerns such as sexual harassment, violence or bullying. Some youth living in remote areas have no access to the Internet, while others don’t have access to educational facilities due to conflict or natural disasters. Too many girls are denied education due to local traditions, while other girls can’t attend school due to early pregnancies.

As education is a human right, it’s everyone’s responsibility to advocate for accessible and affordable education for all!

Researching issues connected to education, you might want to check out these resources:

Right to Education – Understanding Education as a Right

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – Education in the 21st Century

BBC – Future Education

Ted – Education

Getting Smart – 50 Top Sources of Free eLearning Courses

TORSION

Disclaimer: I am not a medical practitioner or in any related medical field. I am just sharing this story in hopes that it will inspire, educate and help in the general human health.Torsion: the twisting especially of one end of a body while the other is held fixed. Oxford CONCISE English Dictionary...

Mother languages - Dividing us and bringing us together

They say it takes a village to raise a child. But I grew up wrestling with more than one village.Nat...

Where does your interest lie?

In this matter, In what you do, In whom you are, In what you are becoming. Where does your int...

We Nigerians...

Welcome to our citadels of learning, where learning continues and knowledge is being applied even af...

How to Lose Me

In case you're tired of me. Or you're tired of us. This is how to lose me. And how to lose us. For few articles now, I've been going atypical from my normal way of writing. Please, just bear with me. I think it's due to the fact that everything around has been atypical too. Last week, I lost more th...

Young people, whatever your country, you are the world's future: Testi...

I grew up in Riviere Salée, in the commune of Baraderes which is located in the department of Nippes...

Tell Me What's Up

There’s discretion. There are societal demands and tolerances. There’s what is socially acceptable...

Knowing without understanding

“I don’t care if you know things! I want you to understand them!” That is what my anatomy university...

It is not like we thought

Thinking about the future can occupy our minds often. When you were young you may have thought about...

Scoring a goal at a time....

I’ve been reading this book, for some time now. It’s called Grit. And I’ve fallen in love with it....