#Education

Everyone has the right to a good education! When young people are educated they are more likely to be aware of their rights and better able to make sure that these rights are respected. At the same time, education provides young people with vital skills and critical thinking and confidence, creating a healthy basis for everyone to succeed in life.

Besides formal education, such as education provided by schools and universities, there are other forms of education that become increasingly more relevant. Non-formal education, for example, entails education that is being provided by youth organizations, out-of-school clubs and e-courses. Informal education happens while discussing with friends and family or surfing the Internet.

Unfortunately, not every child and young person around the world has access to education. Some families are too poor to send their children to school, while other young people aren’t able to go to school due to safety concerns such as sexual harassment, violence or bullying. Some youth living in remote areas have no access to the Internet, while others don’t have access to educational facilities due to conflict or natural disasters. Too many girls are denied education due to local traditions, while other girls can’t attend school due to early pregnancies.

As education is a human right, it’s everyone’s responsibility to advocate for accessible and affordable education for all!

Researching issues connected to education, you might want to check out these resources:

Right to Education – Understanding Education as a Right

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – Education in the 21st Century

BBC – Future Education

Ted – Education

Getting Smart – 50 Top Sources of Free eLearning Courses

A letter about the ¨Migration Crisis¨ from a Honduran girl

There are ways to solve social/political problems. It's understandable that countries may not react...

The philosophy of superheroes

Many aspiring young leaders or change-makers were first inspired to try and make a difference in the...

The awakening in education

Education for a long time has been regarded as the key to success by many, but is it really the key...

Why Small Business is Big Business: Entrepreneurship is the Answer to...

Entrepreneurship is crucial for economic growth as it is the entrepreneur who identifies opportuniti...

Education in Malaysia

We see Malaysia as a developing country that is steadily growing economically. We see Malaysia as a...

A smile from Yemen

While I was walking back home recently, I came across Hanadi, a 12-year-old girl, who can always be...

Regional economic development

In Gwansan-dong, South Korea where our school is located, we have devised a program to induce econom...

Creativity is success

It's about the balmy day with scorching sun rays. I was on my way to my destination and deep in thou...

Should Countries Implement K-12 Program?

Being educated is very important especially for us in the 21st Century and for the next generations. Education molds us to improve our skills, learnings, and thoughts as a human being.That is why K to 12 was implemented for several countries. Countries who are under this system are USA, Australia, S...

Humanity

It's not important to be a teacher, an engineer or a doctor or whatever you want.It's important to b...