Fact Sheet

• In 2008, 100 million children of primary-school age were out of school worldwide. 75 million children were out of school in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children from poor households are less likely to attend primary school. In the richest 20% of households, 90% of children attend school. In the poorest 20%, only 64% of children attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children in rural areas are also less likely to attend primary school. 86% of children from urban areas attend school, while only 72% of children from rural areas attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Many children do not go on to secondary school. Worldwide, 84% of children of primary-school age attend school, while only 56% of children of secondary- school age attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • In Industrialized Countries, 92% of children of secondary-school age attend school, while in Developing Countries only 51% attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • The United Nations Millennium Development Goals set the target of achieving universal primary education (100% attendance) by 2015.

7th International Conference on Youth and Interfaith Dialogue

The Theme of the 7th International Conference on Youth and Interfaith Dialogue (http://www.interfa...

BLACK DAY IN PESHAWAR- A GLOBAL CONCERN

It was such a gory sight when at about 11am on 16th December 2014,a group of Taliban gunmen made t...

Consumerism

I don't normally opt to quote Wikipedia, for fear that it is often inaccurate, but Wikipedia on this occasion has provided me the definition of consumerism that I believe makes most sense to me and to you. "Consumerism is a social and economic order and ideology that encourages the acquisiti...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "Use Music for A Good Cause"

“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to...

Restoring the hope of slum children through education

Right in the heart of Korogocho slum,one of the largest slums in Nariobi,Kenya sits a small comple...

Child Labor in India

Did you know that India has the largest amount of child laborers in the world? Human Rights Watch states, “More children in India work than anywhere else in the world”. There are 100-150 million children from ages 5 to 14 working, and nearly half of those children (at least 44 million) a...

Child Labor in China

Did you know that according to the China Labour Bulletin, in 2000, there were approximately 11,575,000 children at work between the ages of 10 to 14 in China? This violates article 32 of the Convention of Rights of The Child, which states, “You have the right to protection from work that h...

Child Labor In Indonesia

In Indonesia there are 3.2 million children working, doing the worst kinds of labor. The Indonesian government has done little to tackle this problem. They have set up laws that say all children must finish high school but many families lack the money to do so. The children decide to go to w...

Do girls achieve better than boys in education due to their cultural s...

Hypothesis: Girls achieve better than boys because of their study cultures Research Methods used. Within my investigation to find whether girls achieve better than boys in education, I have included a variety of different research methods. The majority of my research was done through...

Our Children

Corrugated iron shelters poverty. Cold smoke escapes cold bodies. Warmth is a luxury. Safety is a...