Fact Sheet

• In 2008, 100 million children of primary-school age were out of school worldwide. 75 million children were out of school in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children from poor households are less likely to attend primary school. In the richest 20% of households, 90% of children attend school. In the poorest 20%, only 64% of children attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children in rural areas are also less likely to attend primary school. 86% of children from urban areas attend school, while only 72% of children from rural areas attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Many children do not go on to secondary school. Worldwide, 84% of children of primary-school age attend school, while only 56% of children of secondary- school age attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • In Industrialized Countries, 92% of children of secondary-school age attend school, while in Developing Countries only 51% attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • The United Nations Millennium Development Goals set the target of achieving universal primary education (100% attendance) by 2015.

Child Labor In Indonesia

In Indonesia there are 3.2 million children working, doing the worst kinds of labor. The Indonesian government has done little to tackle this problem. They have set up laws that say all children must finish high school but many families lack the money to do so. The children decide to go to w...

Do girls achieve better than boys in education due to their cultural s...

Hypothesis: Girls achieve better than boys because of their study cultures Research Methods used. Within my investigation to find whether girls achieve better than boys in education, I have included a variety of different research methods. The majority of my research was done through...

Our Children

Corrugated iron shelters poverty. Cold smoke escapes cold bodies. Warmth is a luxury. Safety is a...

Skills for 2030

There was a time when I dreamed of a future where I would find myself a decent job, and I used to...

stand_strong

"I will . Never give in to the stereotypes associated with young people . Promote the positive work...

BURNING THE BRIDGE (A Tale of Insurgents and Western Education)

Education is a thing of pride. It refines an individual's mentality and perspective and makes such...

Bangles for Basics…

“I earn more than my husband”, Naila states while a customer approaches her shop. The sentence...

Tuition fee in Ukraine: against and for

I have not written an article on the topic “Is it controversial” and I think it is time to do...

Earning money for the homeless, hungry, and our country

Last Thursday, me and a group of people were having a big discussion about how we can help others....

Congratulations Malala! A young girl against Taliban.

Terrorism is hurting our world, it’s harming our children, and it’s killing us every day. Thou...