Fact Sheet

• In 2008, 100 million children of primary-school age were out of school worldwide. 75 million children were out of school in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children from poor households are less likely to attend primary school. In the richest 20% of households, 90% of children attend school. In the poorest 20%, only 64% of children attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children in rural areas are also less likely to attend primary school. 86% of children from urban areas attend school, while only 72% of children from rural areas attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Many children do not go on to secondary school. Worldwide, 84% of children of primary-school age attend school, while only 56% of children of secondary- school age attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • In Industrialized Countries, 92% of children of secondary-school age attend school, while in Developing Countries only 51% attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • The United Nations Millennium Development Goals set the target of achieving universal primary education (100% attendance) by 2015.

Greening the Grey in Kwacha Community

Chipembele is a club at Mitanto Secondary school in Kitwe, Zambia. It discusses more about the env...

Quest for Internet Access at Luanshya Secondary School

The internet has become part of our everyday life because of its ease access and diversity. Today,...

A World at School Brings On Youth Leaders to Tackle Global Education C...

As a Global Youth Ambassador for A World at School, I want to call attention to the 57 million chi...

Is sex just a social union?

Many a time, I have tried to survey and parry the questioning effect on sex and its constituents. I believe it is a redefined commitment entitled to both parties (man & woman) on a divine standard. The world we live in today defines sex as a 'social commitment', which is a taboo to fundamental n...

A Student From New York Was Accepted To All 8 Ivy League Schools In Am...

A 17 year old boy has recently been accepted to all TOP 8 Ivy League Schools in America. We should...

Save Children Through Education

Every child is born with the right to education. Education is the most important aspect in every c...

Making sign language the world's language

(Santoshi Budhathoki, 18, Nepal, 2014) Created at the 2014 Nepal OneMinutesJr. workshop on "Child...

Age category winners - a scholarship with $25, 000 for each winners education co...

Source: http://www.fundsforngos.org/cambodia/students-1318-years-age-enter-google-scienc...

An Opportunity to excel

Dear VOY The minute I saw this I thought of you young people as an opportunity to showcase your abilities and be rewarded, it is open for all young people around the world so please grab it and shine. Best of luck.

How to keep children safe in a 24\7 digital world

Technology makes it so easy for kids to connect and share things with friends and family no matter...

Climate Change and Child-led

The Zambian economy is predominantly based on the exploitation of the country's natural resources. T...