Fact Sheet

• In 2008, 100 million children of primary-school age were out of school worldwide. 75 million children were out of school in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children from poor households are less likely to attend primary school. In the richest 20% of households, 90% of children attend school. In the poorest 20%, only 64% of children attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children in rural areas are also less likely to attend primary school. 86% of children from urban areas attend school, while only 72% of children from rural areas attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Many children do not go on to secondary school. Worldwide, 84% of children of primary-school age attend school, while only 56% of children of secondary- school age attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • In Industrialized Countries, 92% of children of secondary-school age attend school, while in Developing Countries only 51% attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • The United Nations Millennium Development Goals set the target of achieving universal primary education (100% attendance) by 2015.

International Day for Poverty Eradication: The Air We Daily Breathe.

17th October marks the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty. I take it that this day onl...

World Food Day 2014 and Family Farming

Some of you would really be surprised about the fact that nearly everyday is an international day...

Stop the mourns Ebola!

-As you make steps further, menacing to engulf the human race pitilessly, we plead: Kindly spare u...

Handwashing: A Free Vaccine Against Out-breaking diseases.

Today, 15 October 2014, marks the Global Hand-washing Day. This marked events really helps educa...

Education, especially in emergencies

100 million children and young people are affected by natural disasters every year. More than half o...

Transport Maroantsetra

In Maroantsetra, the main roads of the inhabitants are the waterway. The villages are connected by...

Holiday Activities

The school holidays start from June 26th (national holiday) and end at the end of September. Our t...

International Day of the Girl Child

The “International Day of Girl Child” passed only a few days ago on 11th October with the them...

Funding Space Exploration

Space has enchanted people for generations. When the first men landed on the moon to plant the Ame...

You can't fight pain with pain, don't let it define you

Hello! I am so sorry as I have been absent from VOY for a month. This being due to very hard times...