Fact Sheet

• In 2008, 100 million children of primary-school age were out of school worldwide. 75 million children were out of school in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children from poor households are less likely to attend primary school. In the richest 20% of households, 90% of children attend school. In the poorest 20%, only 64% of children attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children in rural areas are also less likely to attend primary school. 86% of children from urban areas attend school, while only 72% of children from rural areas attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Many children do not go on to secondary school. Worldwide, 84% of children of primary-school age attend school, while only 56% of children of secondary- school age attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • In Industrialized Countries, 92% of children of secondary-school age attend school, while in Developing Countries only 51% attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • The United Nations Millennium Development Goals set the target of achieving universal primary education (100% attendance) by 2015.

Give Life A Cushioned Seat

'How has life been treating you?' That was one of the ways I said 'hi' to my friends and foes, until some years ago when it dawned on me to rephrase it into 'how have you been treating life?' My personal response to this was: I am highly terrific and I am giving life an awesome treat! Encarta Dicti...

We all need inclusive education

Around the world, we see how people contribute to the development of their societies. There is no...

Is the right to education linked to age, freedom from abuse, or the du...

For how long does the right to education extend? Yashika Bageerathi is about to be deported. She...

How do you express yourself?

We all have different ways to express ourselves. We were drawn in by Edgar's unique OneMinutesJr....

ICT training for Tech Girls

Kplinyin is a community under kumbungu District in the Northern region of Ghana. Children in K...

What would you bring?

If you had to leave your house in a hurry what would you take with you? For two young girls from H...

Have your say! New crowdsourcing platform for post-2015 youth prioriti...

Over 1 million of the 1.5 million youth voters in the My World Survey chose education as their top p...

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/i-believe

The Power of Beliefs

Our Beliefs determine our destiny. As young people I believe that our beliefs are the ones that...

Help Others In Need

Thank You JulieVOY for that heart felt comment. As an 11 year old girl, I feel like we the western...