Fact Sheet

• In 2008, 100 million children of primary-school age were out of school worldwide. 75 million children were out of school in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children from poor households are less likely to attend primary school. In the richest 20% of households, 90% of children attend school. In the poorest 20%, only 64% of children attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children in rural areas are also less likely to attend primary school. 86% of children from urban areas attend school, while only 72% of children from rural areas attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Many children do not go on to secondary school. Worldwide, 84% of children of primary-school age attend school, while only 56% of children of secondary- school age attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • In Industrialized Countries, 92% of children of secondary-school age attend school, while in Developing Countries only 51% attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • The United Nations Millennium Development Goals set the target of achieving universal primary education (100% attendance) by 2015.

Different Topics for Sociology Dissertation

Writing a dissertation is tough but writing a dissertation on a topic like sociology can make things very difficult for students. Students don’t take interest in writing a dissertation on topics like sociology. Sociology is a study of human behavior, development, and organizations. It enco...

Smiling faces as Ukrainian boys win OneMinutesJr award 2014

AMSTERDAM, 30 November 2014 - The winners of the OneMinutesJr 2014 were announced by UNICEF and th...

Why Indian families dont consider a girls will before marriage

Many girls give up their careers their dreams under the pressure of marriage from family. Many parents dont look for their daughters happiness but fear from society and marry their daughters without their daughters will. Women have been given so many rights why not give them the right to cho...

International Volunteers Day

Recently on 5th December, 2014, we observed "International Volunteers Day" with the theme "People's Participation. Make Change Happen, Volunteer!". Being a youth & a volunteer myself, "International Volunteers Day" was of great importance to me. As I have been placed as an ICS (Inter...

What is volunteering worth?

The major highlight of my week was planning a radio outreach with Volunteer in Nigeria for the Int...

Searching for Scale Free Values: A TED Talk

Recently, I was fortunate enough to attend a TED talk about education. As a student, I found it extremely rewarding and interesting. I thought I'd share the TED talk of Steve Brown, the Founder and CEO of Ignite Channel, with you! What drives your passion and motivates you? Why do you do w...

How did YOU become a Human Rights advocate?

Hello everyone! Briefly about me I coordinate youth activism at Amnesty International Chile al...

Open Season

Skin as brown as dust They look at you They judge you Bang Bang They shoot you down Skin the color of dark chocolate Stripped of name Stripped of culture Stripped of freedom Stripped of justice A child still yet to become an adult Victimized and...

My story with movies and series

Every one of us is a fan of something, each one has his hobbies and likes things, things that make...

Who builds Peace in Colombia?

Peace talks seem to be the only topic people address when they refer to peace in Colombia and it´...