Fact Sheet

• In 2008, 100 million children of primary-school age were out of school worldwide. 75 million children were out of school in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children from poor households are less likely to attend primary school. In the richest 20% of households, 90% of children attend school. In the poorest 20%, only 64% of children attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children in rural areas are also less likely to attend primary school. 86% of children from urban areas attend school, while only 72% of children from rural areas attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Many children do not go on to secondary school. Worldwide, 84% of children of primary-school age attend school, while only 56% of children of secondary- school age attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • In Industrialized Countries, 92% of children of secondary-school age attend school, while in Developing Countries only 51% attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • The United Nations Millennium Development Goals set the target of achieving universal primary education (100% attendance) by 2015.

How to find the perfect location for your OneMinutesJr video

Short tutorial video for the OneMinutesJr - check uni.cf/tomjr on how to participate in our OneMin...

Our world

A place where the blossoms are bright A place where the land is not torn A place where my pe...

Abortion and Sex Education

Abortion and Sex Education Sexuality can concern issues socially, economically, politically, e...

How the Frail Ants Challenge the Youth Everyday.

There are certain small creatures, they are wisest of the wise. They know how to CLIMB (Change Littl...

Do one thing! AVOID PLASTIC BAGS

Youths are the most responsible age group of the world. About one fifth of the world’s populatio...

What matters most to youth? Part 1

When I sent out the question, “What matters most to the youth in Nigeria?” I thought I already...

Eyes set on the future

"You are the future"- How many times have you heard that sentence? We have been told that we are n...

What the Communists forgot

Community owned property. Collective contribution. Equal wealth distribution. And Justice For All....

We're Just Under a Little Stress

Here are some of the things I learned from school. Like how sometimes, school counsellors will ask...