Fact Sheet

• In 2008, 100 million children of primary-school age were out of school worldwide. 75 million children were out of school in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children from poor households are less likely to attend primary school. In the richest 20% of households, 90% of children attend school. In the poorest 20%, only 64% of children attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children in rural areas are also less likely to attend primary school. 86% of children from urban areas attend school, while only 72% of children from rural areas attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Many children do not go on to secondary school. Worldwide, 84% of children of primary-school age attend school, while only 56% of children of secondary- school age attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • In Industrialized Countries, 92% of children of secondary-school age attend school, while in Developing Countries only 51% attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • The United Nations Millennium Development Goals set the target of achieving universal primary education (100% attendance) by 2015.

Honor killings, freedom and the MENA region (3)

In order to continue our topic (honor killings), I chose to write about the solutions this time....

Honor killings, freedom and the MENA region (2)

In the previous post, we talked about freedom in the MENA region and why it’s important to accep...

Honor killings, freedom and the MENA region (1)

When we denounce violations of human rights, when we defend women rights, especially in the MENA r...

The importance of time management

I cannot emphasize enough how important time management is. Time management is essential to every...

Are You Choosing The Right Medical Assistant School Programs?

The recent outbreak of the Ebola virus highlights and focuses the importance of the medical and ot...

"Biting the Bullet"- Tears of those Living with HIV/AIDS.

Many have passed away on account of it, millions are living with it and billions in the world toda...

My Role Model: Malala

Like many other youth around the world, my role model is Nobel Peace Prize winner and 17-year-old...

Stay Strong

All innocent children die When terrorists attack Everybody has to say good- bye Leaving their lives, and being trapped! People still have a strand of hope While trying to be optimistic Working hard, not to mope Praying every minute so that they don’t turn pessimistic. The t...

Farah Chamma, a Palestinian poet

“You can’t prohibit young people from searching for the truth, and when they found out that yo...