Fact Sheet

• In 2008, 100 million children of primary-school age were out of school worldwide. 75 million children were out of school in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children from poor households are less likely to attend primary school. In the richest 20% of households, 90% of children attend school. In the poorest 20%, only 64% of children attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children in rural areas are also less likely to attend primary school. 86% of children from urban areas attend school, while only 72% of children from rural areas attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Many children do not go on to secondary school. Worldwide, 84% of children of primary-school age attend school, while only 56% of children of secondary- school age attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • In Industrialized Countries, 92% of children of secondary-school age attend school, while in Developing Countries only 51% attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • The United Nations Millennium Development Goals set the target of achieving universal primary education (100% attendance) by 2015.

Open Season

Skin as brown as dust They look at you They judge you Bang Bang They shoot you down Skin the color of dark chocolate Stripped of name Stripped of culture Stripped of freedom Stripped of justice A child still yet to become an adult Victimized and...

My story with movies and series

Every one of us is a fan of something, each one has his hobbies and likes things, things that make...

Who builds Peace in Colombia?

Peace talks seem to be the only topic people address when they refer to peace in Colombia and it´...

Education in the 21st Century

One major problem facing education, besides making it available for everyone, is having it evolve...

DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR??

During the holidays we usually have our close relatives at home to spend the summer holidays with us in order to keep the family bond of love and unity. One afternoon, i heard someone singing words grinnin’, sweating’, kissing’ hugging’ fucking' touching’ lovin’ and to my dismay...

Private companies want to scoop up your child's data. Read more: http://...

Source: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/online-education-run-amok-113208.html

Politico: Online Education Run Amok

By: Caitlin Emma Massive open online courses, first envisioned as a way to democratize higher education, have made their way into high schools, but Washington is powerless to stop the flood of personal data about teenage students from flowing to private companies, thanks to loopholes in...

We can change how the business world works

In the old world, every business had the prime objective of satisfying its shareholders. It was a...

Is Online Education the Answer?

One of the things we discussed at the South Jersey UN Day at St. Joseph High School was Education...

Why learn how to code?

Have you ever wondered what it is, behind the screen of your computer? How have we, people, manage...