Fact Sheet

• In 2008, 100 million children of primary-school age were out of school worldwide. 75 million children were out of school in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children from poor households are less likely to attend primary school. In the richest 20% of households, 90% of children attend school. In the poorest 20%, only 64% of children attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Children in rural areas are also less likely to attend primary school. 86% of children from urban areas attend school, while only 72% of children from rural areas attend. (Based on estimates from 43 countries with more than 100,000 children out of school in 2007 - Progress for Children, 2010)
  • Many children do not go on to secondary school. Worldwide, 84% of children of primary-school age attend school, while only 56% of children of secondary- school age attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • In Industrialized Countries, 92% of children of secondary-school age attend school, while in Developing Countries only 51% attend. (Progress for Children, 2010)
  • The United Nations Millennium Development Goals set the target of achieving universal primary education (100% attendance) by 2015.

Learning through Reflection

In the last couple of days, I have been participating in a sort of summer camp organized by NATEG. NATEG is the abbreviation of “North America Tunisian Engineering Group”. It is an organization created by Tunisian engineers working in north America (Canada and USA) and the “NATEG day...

“When all else fails, make yourself your own inspiration” – thou...

When I saw Assignment #5 – to create an 'Inspire!' portrait by interviewing a young person who h...

Education!

We know education is a form of learning in which knowledge and skills of people are passed on generation after generation through teaching or even research. Why must many youths be limited when it comes to education? Is it the lack of learning institutions in many countries? Or the fact...

What would I do?

Hi guys! I´s guessing we are aware on how the world has turned into a divergent place where injus...

Life is Better as an Optimist

Wherever we might come from, be it African or Asian or American or Australian or European continents, we are all human and in today's era, we are very much caught in the maelstrom of humdrum daily life. Life can thus end up in much negativity. I wrote this article to remind each one of us...

In Times Like This, What is there to be Grateful for?

It has been said that to attract more grace in dazzling altitude, you should learn to lavish praise on people and nature. In my experience, treading the grateful path has yielded wholesome results and opened numerous doors. I realised in my journey that everyone loves to be appreciated, it boosts ou...

Children's Day Quotes

Inspiring Thoughts For Children’s Day Your goals are the road maps that guide you and show you what is possible for your life. - Les Brown You never will be the person you can be if pressure, tension and discipline are taken out of your life. - Dr. James G. Bilkey You will never le...

Meet the Romanian educational system (Part I)

Today, as I promised a while ago, I decided to write to you on the educational system in my countr...

HARD AT WORK IN THE OFFICE AND FOR THE YOUTH...

Your name: Miss. Beryl Birgitta Payet Your age: 26 Years old Where are you originall...

Your voice matters

Five-million-citizens confirmed their will to participate in the election process. Five months...