#Environment

The earth provides all the necessary resources for human beings to survive and prosper. But as the global population grows and develops, the demand for energy and consumer goods increases. This has led to increased pollution and misuse of natural resources, causing great damage to the environment. In turn, people’s health, food supplies and livelihoods are increasingly threatened.

Be it the release of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere that contribute to climate change, the overuse of agricultural soil that deteriorates the ground and often leads to deforestation, the contamination of water through bacteria and chemicals or the loss of biodiversity - environmental challenges are plentiful.

Today, many people speak about “sustainability” when highlighting an alternative model of how human beings can develop economically and socially without putting too much strain on the environment. Sustainable development is defined as “development that meets the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”

This clearly shows that youth are at the heart of the sustainability debate. As politicians sometimes lack the necessary long-term thinking that is needed to effectively address pressing environmental issues, it’s key that global youth have a say in environmental policies, which have a direct impact on the current and future environment they live in.

Researching issues connected to the environment, you might want to check out these resources:

United Nations Environment Programme - Tunza

United Nations - Sustainable Development

YOUNGO - Youth and Climate

Connect 4 Climate - Connecting to Tackle Climate Change

Web Ecoist - 25 Environmental Organizations

Please stop the bullying

Forgive your enemies. For me, personally, hearing that phrases, evokes anger that is buried deep down. Honestly, to forgive your enemies is really hard; not just enemies, but anyone who bring misery to you. It is hard to admit it but I am one of those people you will probably makes fun...

Dancy love threads

It's quite strange, our desire to belong to people, to grab someone's heart and let it swim in our myocardial capacity, let both of our hearts dance to the rhythms of our combined footsteps and dancy beats, let them find their own land, and dangle their feet on the walls of a well -nourished...

Environmental education for youth in Rwanda

In recent years, SOS Rwanda has set up support structures for environmental awareness in four dist...

A Letter to Humanity

Dear humanity, What should I say? I simply had enough! I am fed up! I am frustrated! No ... I...

Be Grateful

We all have thought, at least once, that we are missing something that we need to have - like that...

My walk to work

A dog yawning in front of a worn out gate - a sparrow pecking on the window pane - a squirrel clim...

Each one of us can make a difference

These small fragments, although small stand intact in the crowd of grass unfamiliar to them. I...

Armyworms: A Threat To National Food Security

Currently, Southern Africa has been invaded by armyworms which are mainly attacking crops such as...

Nature is beautiful

I am student of journalism at the University of Kashmir. I bunk classes very often because I remem...

Art of living

This time, I won't let escape my freedom, I will run back, I will live it all again, and my heart will be happy. -M