Fact Sheet

Each year, at least three million children under the age of five die due to environment-related diseases.

Acute respiratory infections annually kill an estimated two million children under the age of five. As much as 60 percent of acute respiratory infections worldwide are related to environmental conditions.

Diarrhoeal diseases claim the lives of nearly two million children every year. Eighty to 90 percent of these diarrhea cases are related to environmental conditions, in particular, contaminated water and inadequate sanitation.

Nearly one million children under the age of five died of malaria in 1998. Up to 90 percent of malaria cases are attributed to environmental factors.

Between 1990 and 2005, tropical deforestation happened at a rate of 130,000 km2 per year. That is about the size of the countries of Greece and Nicaragua.

If present trends continue, 1.8 billion people will be living in countries or regions with absolute water scarcity by 2025, and two thirds of the world population could be subject to water stress.

Around 2 million species have been identified and described. Out of these, only 10% (200,000) have been assessed for their conservation status. 16,000 species have been identified as threatened with extinction.

Into a Bird's Eye View

Do you use your eyes wisely? – There is a large variety of perspectives, which one of them is yo...

How can we save mother earth?

Agriculture is a very important sector that helps alleviate hunger and poverty. It is also essenti...

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/radio-workshop-bongeziwe

Music makes young peoples' realities better

In South Africa, music is and always has been a form of escape for most of the young people, espec...

Tragedy

Tragedy after tragedy, same topic every decade with no absolute idea to do away with the scourge. Cl...

The Left and the Environment

I came across this article originally written By Nancy Holmstrom, an i felt it will be of great be...

How To Avoid Being Bullied

1) NOTE that body language is extremely. important. -Do not look at your feet when you walk. - Do no...

The true infrastructure to growth

No matter what age you are, it is possible to reach a stage of spiritual knowledge, understanding...

Go Youth Go

Go Youth Go Mission “To inspire youth to take ownership of their community through youth based vol...

Green Economy Initiative Based Technologies

Green economy is a concept that was developed early bringing the philosophy of Green Growth Strate...

Climate4Action

Enter the Action4Climate documentary competition by April 1, 2014, and stand a chance to win! What...