#NOlostgeneration

As the conflict continues in Syria, children and young people remain in refugee camps, away from their homes and sometimes separated from their families and friends. In support of the #childrenofsyria, we bring to you special productions from the young people of Syria themselves.

Syria Crisis in Numbers:

• 4,278,000 children living in dire situations inside Syria: poverty, displacement and caught in the lines of fire

• Nearly 5,000 children have been identified being separated from their families

• 1,207,706 children of Syria now live as refugees in Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Turkey, Egypt and other countries in North Africa

• 3 - The third anniversary of the Syria Crisis is now approaching.

The 3rdanniversary of the conflict in Syria is approaching and we are joining in the CALL to ACTION.

How Can You Become Involved?

Join in this call to action by signing this pledge to world leaders. We invite you to check out their stories, comment and connect! Get inspired by the OneMinutesJr. workshops in Jordan. Join the #NOlostgeneration debate. Read stories & comment on discussions from the VOY community.

We also invite you to check out the Digital Diaries from the Za'atari Refugee Camp in Jordan (h-link). The young people who participated in this project are between the ages of 14 and 18. They met twice a week for 2-hour training sessions and covered issues that they felt were important to them, learning practical skills in the process. This project gave them a focus and an outlet for their emotions. The activities helped young people to reconnect with their childhood and begin rebuilding their lives.

We welcome your thoughts and discussions!

Facts and Figures taken directly from http://childrenofsyria.info.

What would you bring?

If you had to leave your house in a hurry what would you take with you? For two young girls from H...

OneMinutesJr. And So My Days Go By

(Zen, 14, Zaatari Camp, Jordan, 2014) A young man spends his days in Zaatari camp focusing on bett...

#NOlostgeneration "Think, Write, Discuss"

“Winter was another major issue, with a need for children's winter clothing. 'How are we going t...

Under Siege

3 years of conflict in Syria. UNICEF has just released their report, 'Under Siege- the devastating...

OneMinutesJr. Life of an Ant

(Wafa'a, 20, Jordan, 2014) A young woman muses on the strength of those who must stand strong and...

"I even achieved my purpose of finding my path.."

Somar, a young Syrian from Hama is studying Turkish in Nizip-2 Camp in Gaziantep, Turkey.

“We need education so we can rebuild our home”

Amman, Jordan, February 2014 – Like many teenagers in Jordan, Ghada is nervously awaiting her ex...

OneMinutesJr. "Syria My Love"

How do you feel when you lose something? 16-year-old Rane shares a love letter with the Syria he had...

TAKE ACTION: What I can do to help the #childrenofsyria

We have received blog posts, discussion comments, and debate discussions asking the question- what...

Thirteen-year old Iman and her 11-year old sister Amel know what they want: “T...

Source: http://childrenofsyria.info/2014/02/

Syrian Sisters Aim to Teach

Nizip, Turkey, January 2014 - Thirteen-year old Iman and her 11-year old sister Amel know what they want: “To go to school, study hard and become a teacher at our father’s school.” One year ago, the sisters, along with their five sibling and parents, fled Syria for Turkey. It was a l...