#NOlostgeneration

As the conflict continues in Syria, children and young people remain in refugee camps, away from their homes and sometimes separated from their families and friends. In support of the #childrenofsyria, we bring to you special productions from the young people of Syria themselves.

Syria Crisis in Numbers:

• 4,278,000 children living in dire situations inside Syria: poverty, displacement and caught in the lines of fire

• Nearly 5,000 children have been identified being separated from their families

• 1,207,706 children of Syria now live as refugees in Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Turkey, Egypt and other countries in North Africa

• 3 - The third anniversary of the Syria Crisis is now approaching.

The 3rdanniversary of the conflict in Syria is approaching and we are joining in the CALL to ACTION.

How Can You Become Involved?

Join in this call to action by signing this pledge to world leaders. We invite you to check out their stories, comment and connect! Get inspired by the OneMinutesJr. workshops in Jordan. Join the #NOlostgeneration debate. Read stories & comment on discussions from the VOY community.

We also invite you to check out the Digital Diaries from the Za'atari Refugee Camp in Jordan (h-link). The young people who participated in this project are between the ages of 14 and 18. They met twice a week for 2-hour training sessions and covered issues that they felt were important to them, learning practical skills in the process. This project gave them a focus and an outlet for their emotions. The activities helped young people to reconnect with their childhood and begin rebuilding their lives.

We welcome your thoughts and discussions!

Facts and Figures taken directly from http://childrenofsyria.info.

OneMinutesJr. Beautiful Apple Tree

(Ghaida, 16, Zaatari Camp, Jordan) A beautiful scene pops up in the camp, and delivers a missing t...

OneMinutesJr. Necessity is the Mother of Invention

(Oday, 13, Zaatari Camp, 2014) When you miss something in the camp, sometimes you have to use your...

OneMinutesJr. Workshop Za'atari: Part 3 - Lights, Camera, Action!

The OneMinutesJr. gives youth the opportunity to have their voices heard by creating one minute vi...

OneMinutesJr. The End of Childhood

(Omaima, 12, Zaatari Camp, Jordan, 2014) Leaving behind her toys in Syria, a young girl tries to r...

OneMinutesJr. Workshop Za'atari: Part 2 - Getting Hands-On with Filmma...

The important thing is to get together with a couple of friends and to have a ba...

Source: http://childrenofsyria.info/2014/01/23/syrian-childrens-love-of-football-helps-r...

Love of football reduces trauma

This story is re-blogged from the childrenofsyria.info site. One of the important aspects of the Child Friendly Spaces is providing psychological support for children. Syrian children’s love of football helps reduce trauma With the bell still echoing in the corridors of the Islahiye camp...

OneMinutesJr. Road to Za'atari

We are now receiving the videos produced by the young filmmakers from the OneMinutesJr. Workshop i...

The work is okay. It’s not a problem, but I would love to have any opportunity...

Source: http://childrenofsyria.info/2014/01/26/supporting-a-family-at-age-14/

Supporting a Family at Age 14

SULIMANIYAH, Iraq, December 2013 —The Tasloga restaurant is the only checkpoint that connects the town of Sulimaniyah in eastern Iraqi Kurdistan, to points south. Trucks pass through here from as far away as Saudi Arabia. Ahmed’s 13-hour day starts at eight in the morning. He makes s...

Malek's Digital Diary: "The Syrian refugees have turned this place int...

Take a tour with Malek this week as he brings us around the main market road in Za'atari.

OneMinutesJr. Looking to the Future in Za'atari

As we are updated by OneMinutesJr. on the workshops in Jordan, we have our second film produced by...