UNSLCD- Discussions on Connect

United Nations Student Leadership Conference on Development

Keeping the Promise: Empowering Youth for Peace and Sustainable Development

What is the Conference?

The United Nations Student Leadership Conference on Development (UNSLCD) is an initiative by the Global Education Motivators (GEM) that gathers students from around the world to brainstorm on solutions to help end extreme poverty in the world. With children and youth at the center of the Post-2015 agenda, the UNSLCD 2014 aims at encouraging youth to shape their future through cultural exchange and global collaboration. This year’s topic is Keeping the Promise: Empowering Youth for Peace and Sustainable Development.

What are the outcomes of UNSLCD?

Each UNSLCD participating youth develops a plan of action to address the following themes: Global Citizenship, Environmental Responsibility, Education for all, Food Security, and HumanRights. Participants share their thinking and research processes with the Voices of Youth Connect community to create a debate and dialogue around these themes. All students’ findings will be presented at the UN in May 2014.

GEM-Your Connection to VOY

Be part of the UNSLCD Discussion on Voices of Youth Connect!

Check all posts tagged “GEM” and voice your opinions. Join in on topics ranging from Global Citizenship, Sustainable Development, Education for All, Food Security, and Human Rights. Create a post, start the discussion, and comment on an existing GEM post!

For all students and teachers who are in the conference, we still have all the resources you need on how to create a post, login, register, and dates for the conference as well a guide to your Plan of Action.

Into a Bird's Eye View

Do you use your eyes wisely? – There is a large variety of perspectives, which one of them is yo...

Solar Energy, "These advantages are global"

Solar energy, radiant light and heat from the sun, is harnessed using a range of ever-evolving t...

What is Hydroponics?

Hydroponics is a subset of hydroculture and is a method of growing plants using mineralnutrient so...

Namaste! #UNSLCD Kicks Off Here!

Namaste! Wonderful opening statements from our 5 participating countries. UN Student Leadershi...

#UNSLCD - Conference Day 2 - Education for All

To achieve the goal for Subtheme E, “Education for All”, we should not focus just on specific areas to put this objective into action. This should encompass a worldwide scale. It is important to note that yes, people in certain areas have it worse than others. However, as mentioned earli...

#UNSLCD Conference Day 2 – Communication

We all figure out ways in which we can communicate with others, even if language is what separates us. In the end, we all figure out how to climb over that wall that divides us, which leads into the fact that there are no borders that separates us. The combining or communication between diff...

UNSLCD- What's Happening?

The United Nations Student Leadership Conference on Development is happening now! Students from Me...

#UNSLCD Posts and Comments

UNSLCD Editing and Comments team are checking all Posts, Comments and Questions, if you have any q...

#UNSLCD Conference Day 1 - Voices of Youth

Voices of Youth is a space for youth to read and see about specific issues, as well as provide their opinion or address issues throughout the world to the public. Every day we see an issue that really affects us within our own community. However, someone somewhere else doesn’t see the sa...

Aren't Migrants Human Beings?

Why is it only "Migrants" are treated so cruelly. I was really shocked to see people in such vulne...