UNSLCD- Discussions on Connect

United Nations Student Leadership Conference on Development

Keeping the Promise: Empowering Youth for Peace and Sustainable Development

What is the Conference?

The United Nations Student Leadership Conference on Development (UNSLCD) is an initiative by the Global Education Motivators (GEM) that gathers students from around the world to brainstorm on solutions to help end extreme poverty in the world. With children and youth at the center of the Post-2015 agenda, the UNSLCD 2014 aims at encouraging youth to shape their future through cultural exchange and global collaboration. This year’s topic is Keeping the Promise: Empowering Youth for Peace and Sustainable Development.

What are the outcomes of UNSLCD?

Each UNSLCD participating youth develops a plan of action to address the following themes: Global Citizenship, Environmental Responsibility, Education for all, Food Security, and HumanRights. Participants share their thinking and research processes with the Voices of Youth Connect community to create a debate and dialogue around these themes. All students’ findings will be presented at the UN in May 2014.

GEM-Your Connection to VOY

Be part of the UNSLCD Discussion on Voices of Youth Connect!

Check all posts tagged “GEM” and voice your opinions. Join in on topics ranging from Global Citizenship, Sustainable Development, Education for All, Food Security, and Human Rights. Create a post, start the discussion, and comment on an existing GEM post!

For all students and teachers who are in the conference, we still have all the resources you need on how to create a post, login, register, and dates for the conference as well a guide to your Plan of Action.

Turn Your Wounds Into Wisdom!

Violence against women is not a new or recent phenomenon. Women have been the victims of violence...

Education - Special or Inclusive?

We all know that education is a basic human right. The Right to Education Act in India describes t...

Decision Making in Developmental Projects

The most critical issue with development is getting the right resources to where they are needed m...

Plight of the Producers in Punjab

We all know that it’s the farmers who produce food for all the people. But the irony is that mos...

Practise what you preach.

Each of us has gone through the stage in our lives where we are bound by our liking and not by our...

Shaping young minds!

Whether or not we are content with this fact, our childhoods shape who we become as adults. The ki...

Think About Them Before Celebrating Diwali

Every time a sparkle lights in the sky, spare a thought of Chitra- one of the nearly 40,000 childr...

The only one who can tell you “you can’t” is you.

I get to school and find out that I’m a part of a United Nations Video Conference and have been...

Food security through knowledge in Tamilnadu

Over the years there have been many efforts taken by both governmental and non-governmental organi...

ENERGY is a HUMAN RIGHT!

When it comes to discussions on human rights, everyone focuses on the right to life, right to clot...