UNSLCD- Discussions on Connect

United Nations Student Leadership Conference on Development

Keeping the Promise: Empowering Youth for Peace and Sustainable Development

What is the Conference?

The United Nations Student Leadership Conference on Development (UNSLCD) is an initiative by the Global Education Motivators (GEM) that gathers students from around the world to brainstorm on solutions to help end extreme poverty in the world. With children and youth at the center of the Post-2015 agenda, the UNSLCD 2014 aims at encouraging youth to shape their future through cultural exchange and global collaboration. This year’s topic is Keeping the Promise: Empowering Youth for Peace and Sustainable Development.

What are the outcomes of UNSLCD?

Each UNSLCD participating youth develops a plan of action to address the following themes: Global Citizenship, Environmental Responsibility, Education for all, Food Security, and HumanRights. Participants share their thinking and research processes with the Voices of Youth Connect community to create a debate and dialogue around these themes. All students’ findings will be presented at the UN in May 2014.

GEM-Your Connection to VOY

Be part of the UNSLCD Discussion on Voices of Youth Connect!

Check all posts tagged “GEM” and voice your opinions. Join in on topics ranging from Global Citizenship, Sustainable Development, Education for All, Food Security, and Human Rights. Create a post, start the discussion, and comment on an existing GEM post!

For all students and teachers who are in the conference, we still have all the resources you need on how to create a post, login, register, and dates for the conference as well a guide to your Plan of Action.

Decreasing rice production in Kerala

Though Kerala has 100% literacy rate, apt climatic conditions like abundant water and fertile soil...

India - A step forward to eradicate hunger

India has the world’s largest subsidized food scheme which provides affordable food to nearly th...

Child Labour in India (Bhopal): Cruel Cycles

Around the globe, more than 13% of children (10-14 years) are employed. India and America are the...

Sahariyas: a story of hope or despair??

‘Sahariyas’ is a native tribe of the state, Madhya Pradesh. This tribe also resides in Shivpur...

Plastic Eating Fungi!

Polyurethane – hard plastics. It is used in gaskets, shoes, hose pipes, and more. Plastic is cho...

Sharing to conserve

In the Arabari forest range of West Bengal, Amit Bannerjee, a silviculturist was working on a proj...

Is this how we actually meet our meat?

Nowadays we all think that there is a supply deficiency of food stocks, but surprisingly, and acco...

COMMUNITY GRAIN BANKING - Changing the lives of farmers

It is a well-known fact that food is the most basic necessity for survival. Then, come the other n...

Globalisation does not eliminate the need for individual responsibilit...

Common callings. They unite us. They form the basis of conflict-free multicultural societies. Whet...

Whether it may be a spoonful or not

I was out buying vegetables with my mother one day, and what I saw was quite surprising. Kilograms...