UNSLCD- Discussions on Connect

United Nations Student Leadership Conference on Development

Keeping the Promise: Empowering Youth for Peace and Sustainable Development

What is the Conference?

The United Nations Student Leadership Conference on Development (UNSLCD) is an initiative by the Global Education Motivators (GEM) that gathers students from around the world to brainstorm on solutions to help end extreme poverty in the world. With children and youth at the center of the Post-2015 agenda, the UNSLCD 2014 aims at encouraging youth to shape their future through cultural exchange and global collaboration. This year’s topic is Keeping the Promise: Empowering Youth for Peace and Sustainable Development.

What are the outcomes of UNSLCD?

Each UNSLCD participating youth develops a plan of action to address the following themes: Global Citizenship, Environmental Responsibility, Education for all, Food Security, and HumanRights. Participants share their thinking and research processes with the Voices of Youth Connect community to create a debate and dialogue around these themes. All students’ findings will be presented at the UN in May 2014.

GEM-Your Connection to VOY

Be part of the UNSLCD Discussion on Voices of Youth Connect!

Check all posts tagged “GEM” and voice your opinions. Join in on topics ranging from Global Citizenship, Sustainable Development, Education for All, Food Security, and Human Rights. Create a post, start the discussion, and comment on an existing GEM post!

For all students and teachers who are in the conference, we still have all the resources you need on how to create a post, login, register, and dates for the conference as well a guide to your Plan of Action.

Kerala - A Success Story

In India, Kerala has the second highest literacy rate after Tripura, being 93.91%. In the 1980s, K...

Global Citizenship: Communications

“Global” is a big word to use – it seems to us that the globe is so geographically large tha...

Importance of being a global citizen in this multicultural world

Greetings, I am Hayagrish, a student of Lalaji Memorial Omega International School in Chennai, Ind...

Cultural diversity and globalisation: An Ideal.

It is really nice to see the positive impacts of cultural diversity and find so many examples and...

Curious about Deforestation

Deforestation is when humans remove forest areas and the land is turned to something other than a...

Tourism for Multiculturalism

Our idea is to promote multiculturalism through tourism. Nowadays, because Internet is so conven...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfl5O49CEAAHJqn.jpg:large

Source: http://twitter.com/unicefphils/status/430508536095707136/photo/1

Progress in Education in the Philippines

Without doubt millions of people have been affected by Typhoon Haiyan. Things are getting better a...

A new opportunity for education?

In the midst of the twenty first century, we have come to combat the issue of Human Rights and Edu...

The World is A Liar

“Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hol...

"No one thinks of changing himself"

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” — Leo Tolstoy...