Voices of Youth: Inspire!

One of the biggest challenges identified by youth across the globe is centered on economic opportunities and in many countries youth unemployment is much higher than the national average.

There is frustration at the lack of opportunities to gain the work experiences that employers want young people to have and confusion about what you may need to study when you first start at university.

To help you with some of the answers you may have about studies and careers – and to inspire you - we want to introduce a new feature where we ask some young and motivated individuals about the interesting careers they have and how they got there. And in addition to featuring them on Voices of Youth, we’ll also set up Twitter chats, Google hang-outs and other interactive features from time to time where you can get directly in touch with our experts.

If there are any careers or jobs that you’re really interested in – from astronauts to chefs to newspaper to gallery owners , let us know and we’ll find someone who can tell you a bit more about what it takes to make it in that field. If you think you should be featured, just write us a mail to info@voicesofyouth.org and maybe you will be on our website soon!

Challenged by fear of the unkown

Your name: Brighton Mukupa Kaoma Your age: 20 Where are you originally from and where do you...

Voices of Youth Inspire! “Don’t let the society make choices on yo...

In my last post about the story of Siddhartha Nanayakkara, I mentioned that I immediately thought...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "If it goes from heart and with love it will...

Your name: Anton Savidi Your age: 21 Where are you originally from and where do you currentl...

Voices of Youth Inspire! “Failures are the best eye openers.”

Your name: Salu Oluwamayowa Adepeju Your age: 28 years Where are you originally fr...

HARD AT WORK IN THE OFFICE AND FOR THE YOUTH...

Your name: Miss. Beryl Birgitta Payet Your age: 26 Years old Where are you originall...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "We are never leaders of tomorrow, but of tod...

Your name: Courage Nyamhunga Your age: 23 Where are you originally from and where...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "Let your struggles, whatever they may be, fu...

Hey VOY! I had the chance to interview Kayla Montgomery, an inspiring high school runner, who not...

Voices of Youth Inspire! Catching Waves with Easkey Britton

Please tell us your name: Easkey Britton Your age: 28 Where are you originally from and...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "If I knew what I was doing was right, and I...

VOY had the chance to interview UAE's top figure skater. Zahra Lari wears the hijab when skating o...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "Be your own leader, and believe in that lead...

From January 13th to 17th, the 4th Pan-African Youth Leadership Summit was held in Dakar (Senegal)...