Voices of Youth: Inspire!

One of the biggest challenges identified by youth across the globe is centered on economic opportunities and in many countries youth unemployment is much higher than the national average.

There is frustration at the lack of opportunities to gain the work experiences that employers want young people to have and confusion about what you may need to study when you first start at university.

To help you with some of the answers you may have about studies and careers – and to inspire you - we want to introduce a new feature where we ask some young and motivated individuals about the interesting careers they have and how they got there. And in addition to featuring them on Voices of Youth, we’ll also set up Twitter chats, Google hang-outs and other interactive features from time to time where you can get directly in touch with our experts.

If there are any careers or jobs that you’re really interested in – from astronauts to chefs to newspaper to gallery owners , let us know and we’ll find someone who can tell you a bit more about what it takes to make it in that field. If you think you should be featured, just write us a mail to info@voicesofyouth.org and maybe you will be on our website soon!

Voices of Youth Inspire! "Be your own leader, and believe in that lead...

From January 13th to 17th, the 4th Pan-African Youth Leadership Summit was held in Dakar (Senegal)...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "I had to overcome (my) shyness"

Your name: My name is Kadiza Kone Your age: 22 years old Where are you originally from and w...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "The biggest obstacle? Moving to a foreign c...

Your name: Ilgar Safak Your age: 31 Where are you originally from and where do you currently...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "be a problem-solver, be organized and value...

Your name: Carrie Gryskiewicz Your age: 32 Where are you originally from and where do you cu...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "The small thing you despise might be the fou...

Voices of Youth's Inspire Portrait was sourced from one of our very own users, Muyu. She took the...

Voices of Youth Inspire! " I should never lose the love for my people,...

Please, tell us your name: Dali Angel Where are you originally from and where do you li...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "It’s the crazy ones who will change the wo...

Your name: Samantha Robison Your age: 27 Where are you originally from and where do you curr...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "Be grateful to life and acknowledge the supp...

Please, tell us your name and age: Zenaida Pérez Gutiérrez, 29 years old. Where are you or...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "If we do not change the world, the world wil...

This week, “Beyond the voices!” is in Democratic Republic of Congo, where we meet Ollie David,...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "Do not give anyone the chance to think you c...

Please tell us your name: Opasho Olukemi Titilope Your age: 23 Where are you originally from...