Voices of Youth: Inspire!

One of the biggest challenges identified by youth across the globe is centered on economic opportunities and in many countries youth unemployment is much higher than the national average.

There is frustration at the lack of opportunities to gain the work experiences that employers want young people to have and confusion about what you may need to study when you first start at university.

To help you with some of the answers you may have about studies and careers – and to inspire you - we want to introduce a new feature where we ask some young and motivated individuals about the interesting careers they have and how they got there. And in addition to featuring them on Voices of Youth, we’ll also set up Twitter chats, Google hang-outs and other interactive features from time to time where you can get directly in touch with our experts.

If there are any careers or jobs that you’re really interested in – from astronauts to chefs to newspaper to gallery owners , let us know and we’ll find someone who can tell you a bit more about what it takes to make it in that field. If you think you should be featured, just write us a mail to info@voicesofyouth.org and maybe you will be on our website soon!

Voices of Youth Inspire! "A career is seen on how to make a living and...

Please tell us your name: Jules Febre And your age: 30 Where are you originally from and whe...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "I was determined to become a journalist to s...

Your name: Nakia Joyce Your age: 25 years old Where are you originally from and where do you...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "This helped me to grow more independent and...

Your name: Jisu Kim Your age: 22 Where are you originally from and where do you currently...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "My job is beautiful because you have to put...

Your name: Belmondo Alexandre Your age: 30 Where are you originally from and where...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "I’m not out to be the greatest I just have...

Please tell us your name: Obiamaka Frances Ifejika... Obidara... Obii... Never Amaka. And your age...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "Love, acceptance and mainly family, made me...

Your name: Juan Diego Alarcón Your age: 25 According to your business card – what’s you...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "I wanted to show by example that everything...

Name: Leonardo Martinez Age: I'm 33 years old. Where are you originally from and whe...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "Being the only deaf person that doesn’t us...

Name: Christine Sun Kim Age: 32 Where are you originally from and where do you currently...

Voices of Youth Inspire! "Nursing is a phenomenal way to see the world...

Name: Karin Benson Age: 28 Location: Conakry, Guinea / Brisbane, Australia According to...

Voices Of Youth Inspire: "Young people need to know that whatever they...

Please tell us your name: Francisco Iturralde. And your age: 20 years old. Where are you origi...