VOY Blogging Internship

Read the latest posts from the Voices of Youth blogging interns – a group of passionate young people from all around the world. The 6-month VOY blogging internship sees the interns posting once a week on a range of youth and development related topics – from climate change and unemployment, to bullying and peer-pressure. The internship aims to give the selected participants an opportunity to not only have their voices heard, but to learn from and inspire others.

LGBT Rights in Asia

The recent wedding between a senior British diplomat to his male partner in Beijing has instigated...

Youth inclusion in governance: #30PercentOrNothing vs. #30PercentForWe...

Many Nigerians have, in recent months, decried the low level of participation of the youth in governance. The issue has become a trending topic both online and offline but this did not just happen in an instant. During a national conference earlier this year, a coalition of youths brough...

FEMEN. Have you heard of it?

Have you heard about such an organization as FEMEN? I would like you not to have. I will explain w...

CRC@25

The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), is a treaty ratified by a almost a...

Adopting Global Warming

Decades of climate change brings risks that people will accept higher temperatures, with more heat waves, downpours & draughts as ‘normal’ & complicate government plans to do more to cut greenhouse gas emissions. “Because the last three decades have seen such a significant ri...

Feminisms

Deviating from the prompt of '2 Lives 2 Miles Apart', this post examines two generalized views of...

Helping young talent blossom - Art Fusion 2014

In many posts I have done previously on VoY, I have brought to you stories of youth initiatives an...

Is it controversial? - LGTB rights

"Dude that's so gay" When did phrases like this become an insult? Have you ever been called "faggo...

Back to School

It's back to school season for many of us, and we are all going through different emotions. After all we are different people at different stages of our lives. But what are you feeling as you go back to school, college or university? Excited. For me the emotion is fear. Fear of failure. Fear...