VOY Blogging Internship

Read the latest posts from the Voices of Youth blogging interns – a group of passionate young people from all around the world. The 6-month VOY blogging internship sees the interns posting once a week on a range of youth and development related topics – from climate change and unemployment, to bullying and peer-pressure. The internship aims to give the selected participants an opportunity to not only have their voices heard, but to learn from and inspire others.

My wish for children in 25 years time is…......

To my knowledge, the major problems that the children of today's world are facing are malnutrition, gender inequality, child labor, child marriage, female genital mutilation, sexual crimes, war/violence, depression, lack of education, drug addiction, lack of emotional security etc. So, if I...

Is It Controversial? Federal States in Nepal

Frankly speaking, I don’t like politics very much. However, being a youth and a responsible citizen of the nation, I listen to political news and discussions to understand the political situation of the country. Unfortunately, Nepal is presently facing severe political instability despite...

Where do you stand?

Many are cognizant of the fact that the battle for equal treatment of the sexes has still not been...

Tolerance, mutual respect - together united for a shared future

On the occasion of the International day of tolerance -16th November 2014- I pondered on the importance of tolerance. Tolerance is of great value and one I feel young people should promote. Having been brought up in a household where my mother, father and grand mother all shared different re...

Standardized Testing: Should it be required?

I recently studied for and took the SAT, the standardized test required for admission for many US...

Voices of Youth INSPIRE: Pursue a Career You Are Interested In

As an inspiring young person, I am going to introduce a young cricketer of Nepal. Rijan Dhakal is...

Do young people really have a say?

In the UK we have coined a relatively new terms 'youth voice', and I'm sure many of you may have h...

If I were President...

I think we all have thought about how it would be if you were the President of your country. Every time it came to my mind, I told myself instantly “What a great deal of work would that be … “. Maybe it is not the attitude you expected, but think a little bit: there are a lot of respon...

One of the best films I have ever seen.

I believe everyone has a great potential inside and is capable of succeeding. But there can be peo...

Leaving our lives in the hands of Heads of State

I am writing this post after a whole day of observing negotiations at the ministerial meeting of Small Islands States in preparation for climate change summit in Lima. I was placed at a table towards the back on the room with a clear label: OBSERVER. A few government officials of the Seychel...