VOY Blogging Internship

Read the latest posts from the Voices of Youth blogging interns – a group of passionate young people from all around the world. The 6-month VOY blogging internship sees the interns posting once a week on a range of youth and development related topics – from climate change and unemployment, to bullying and peer-pressure. The internship aims to give the selected participants an opportunity to not only have their voices heard, but to learn from and inspire others.

Does race or wealth determine your destiny?

"What the white used to say about the blacks we now say about the poor." Chinua Achebe (Anthills of the Savannah) Many people are born in the same country yet have different destinies. Whilst some people think it is out of our control whilst others believe it is in their complete control....

What matters to youth in Algeria

Youth are the hope of every country, they represent a major power. If we could use this power for...

Depression - what does it look like?

Depression is often treated lightly - around school, we can often hear classmates throwing the ter...

Great event involving youth and books in my home town

Hi everyone! First of all let me say I’m very sorry for my absence, but I’ve been caught up be...

I promise to do my best for people!

Imagine that you greet a person in the morning and suddenly you find out the person’ is dead in...

Inspirational Quotes

1. The man who waits for things to turn up has his eyes fixed on his toes. (Creswell Mac Laughlin) 2. The mind by passion, driven from its hold, becomes a feather to each wind that blows. (William Shakespeare) 3. Everything that is done in the world is done by hope. (Martin Luther King...

Make coffee. Not war

Lviv is one of the most beautiful cities of Ukraine. It is very attractive because of great archit...

Development – is it controversial?

In Sri Lanka, we suffered from the atrocities and grieved over losses in a civil war that lasted 3...

'Better do something than waiting'

Youth unemployment in Zambia is a national crisis that needs immediate attention. The time is now...

http://unicefconnect.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/climate-map.jpg?w=667&h=400

Source: http://unicefconnect.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/climate-map.jpg?w=667&h=400

What do you(th) think about climate change?

Tomorrow, an important event is taking place in New York City – one with repercussions far beyon...