VOY Blogging Internship

Read the latest posts from the Voices of Youth blogging interns – a group of passionate young people from all around the world. The 6-month VOY blogging internship sees the interns posting once a week on a range of youth and development related topics – from climate change and unemployment, to bullying and peer-pressure. The internship aims to give the selected participants an opportunity to not only have their voices heard, but to learn from and inspire others.

Power of the People - consumerism

I've always believed and advocated that power lies with the people, that is the majority rather the few at the top. This is based on the rationale that it is the majority that votes to put someone in a that position and therefore can vote to take them out. The power is with the people. I...

Do one thing

Hello guys, the world is full of possitive things that we can do to make the world a better place,...

Occupy Central- What's Happening in Hong Kong?

If you have been reading the news recently, you will probably know about Occupy Central, a protest...

Youths Take Action Against Human Trafficking

Youths are seen often as a shallow age group concerned mainly with things that benefit them. Far f...

Book review: How to win friends and influence people

How to win friends and influence people? This might be a question some of you have asked at some point in the past. Do you think it is about having reputation, about having money or success? Do you have to be an extrovert or to have some dark-magic techniques in order to make people go the w...

What I learnt this week

Last week, I managed to put together a piece that came to be of interest to many in the Voices of...

Our economic model and the planet's limits

We live in a planet with limited resources. And the exploitation of them is compromising the pro...

Ways toward success in life

Life is another name of struggle. Every living thing born in this world struggles in one way or other to survive in this world, and every creature feels happiness, sadness, mercy, anger, fear etc. in their lifetime and so it is for human beings too. It is no picnic to live a life happily b...

Why going veggie really makes you healthier.

A couple of months ago I decide it was time for me to try a meat-free diet. I'll be honest I only lasted a week, but I made my target. Being accustomed to meat I thought it would be near impossible (ok, I exaggerated a bit) to stop eating it. But it wasn't. I managed it and surprisingl...

Does race or wealth determine your destiny?

"What the white used to say about the blacks we now say about the poor." Chinua Achebe (Anthills of the Savannah) Many people are born in the same country yet have different destinies. Whilst some people think it is out of our control whilst others believe it is in their complete control....