VOY Blogging Internship

Read the latest posts from the Voices of Youth blogging interns – a group of passionate young people from all around the world. The 6-month VOY blogging internship sees the interns posting once a week on a range of youth and development related topics – from climate change and unemployment, to bullying and peer-pressure. The internship aims to give the selected participants an opportunity to not only have their voices heard, but to learn from and inspire others.

Adopting Global Warming

Decades of climate change brings risks that people will accept higher temperatures, with more heat waves, downpours & draughts as ‘normal’ & complicate government plans to do more to cut greenhouse gas emissions. “Because the last three decades have seen such a significant ri...

Feminisms

Deviating from the prompt of '2 Lives 2 Miles Apart', this post examines two generalized views of...

Helping young talent blossom - Art Fusion 2014

In many posts I have done previously on VoY, I have brought to you stories of youth initiatives an...

Is it controversial? - LGTB rights

"Dude that's so gay" When did phrases like this become an insult? Have you ever been called "faggo...

Back to School

It's back to school season for many of us, and we are all going through different emotions. After all we are different people at different stages of our lives. But what are you feeling as you go back to school, college or university? Excited. For me the emotion is fear. Fear of failure. Fear...

Words of wisdom - from around the globe

Grace: 长江后浪推前浪, 一代更比一代强 (Chinese) As in a river, the energy and vigor of the new generation excels the last one. Each generation will excel and surpass the last. 种一棵树的最佳时机是20年前,次佳时机是现在 (Chinese) The best tim...

When is it your right to have access to contraceptives? 18 or when you...

The debate about when adolescents should have access to contraceptives has been discussed for years and we have created a strategy that is full of flaws. Currently it is believed that a person at the age of 14 can be sexually active but they can only gain access to contraceptives at the...

“Who will care for us?” and more in the news this week

The first work week of September has been enriching. I got to know about a number of eye-opening p...

Dealing with Academic Pressure

There is a prevalent stereotype that Asian countries heap extreme amounts of academic pressure on...

Young People Take Action! - The Road to Rights

Over the years, Sri Lankans have seen several youth movements which support the ongoing developmen...