VOY Blogging Internship

Read the latest posts from the Voices of Youth blogging interns – a group of passionate young people from all around the world. The 6-month VOY blogging internship sees the interns posting once a week on a range of youth and development related topics – from climate change and unemployment, to bullying and peer-pressure. The internship aims to give the selected participants an opportunity to not only have their voices heard, but to learn from and inspire others.

If I were President...

I think we all have thought about how it would be if you were the President of your country. Every time it came to my mind, I told myself instantly “What a great deal of work would that be … “. Maybe it is not the attitude you expected, but think a little bit: there are a lot of respon...

One of the best films I have ever seen.

I believe everyone has a great potential inside and is capable of succeeding. But there can be peo...

Leaving our lives in the hands of Heads of State

I am writing this post after a whole day of observing negotiations at the ministerial meeting of Small Islands States in preparation for climate change summit in Lima. I was placed at a table towards the back on the room with a clear label: OBSERVER. A few government officials of the Seychel...

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Dear friends ! I am happy to make a little post for you again after a long time of absence. Si...

Rauvolfia Serpentina; A Medicinal Herb

Rauvolfia serpentina or ‘snakeroot’ or ‘sarpagandha’ is one of the 80 species of Rauvolfia...

The new era of education

The amount of people who daily learn and practice different languages through youtube; of those wh...

Displaced by climate- what is your legal status?

It has already started. The effects of climate change have meant that people are being forced to migrate. A case of a family from Tuvalu applied for asylum in New Zealand and although it was granted it was on humanitarian ground on the basis that there had close ties in NZ. In fact the bulk...

Green Footsteps

You may have read the title and wondered what on earth I'm on about. But I'm worried; worried that we are slowly destroying our world. Global warming - the increased used of carbon by man which has exacerbated the greenhouse effect, is taking it's toll. Ice sheets are melting. Rivers are flooding....

How can we prevent Youth Unemployment?

Unemployment has always been a major issue for both the people and the government. There are milli...

My mixed feelings...

Recently, I got to know about a non-profit called Teach a man to fish. That’s a distinct name ri...