VOY Blogging Internship

Read the latest posts from the Voices of Youth blogging interns – a group of passionate young people from all around the world. The 6-month VOY blogging internship sees the interns posting once a week on a range of youth and development related topics – from climate change and unemployment, to bullying and peer-pressure. The internship aims to give the selected participants an opportunity to not only have their voices heard, but to learn from and inspire others.

You are not a sheep!

Remember: you are not a sheep and you are able to make choices to live in a country you want....

You can't fight pain with pain, don't let it define you

Hello! I am so sorry as I have been absent from VOY for a month. This being due to very hard times...

Old and young

This week, a topic seemed to engross me. It wasn’t particularly triggered by something but inste...

Do this one thing for the girl child: volunteer!

Happy International Day of the Girl VOY fam! I look forward to a world where every youth conscio...

“Employment in our dreams” Part 2

We Nepalese youths are qualified & hardworking but what we are deprived of is employment. Official records show that around 400,000 job seekers enter the market every year while the government & private sectors generate the employment opportunities for around 100,000 people only whil...

Dashain – The festival of togetherness

We Nepalese people are fond of festivals & have many of them. Among many festivals we celebrat...

What I learnt this past week

I am usually careful about what movie I should spend time seeing because I do not want to feel tha...

Huxley A, Brave New World

I have never enjoyed reading much, probably because when education has a mistaken approach (as it...

Power of the People - consumerism

I've always believed and advocated that power lies with the people, that is the majority rather the few at the top. This is based on the rationale that it is the majority that votes to put someone in a that position and therefore can vote to take them out. The power is with the people. I...