Fact Sheet

WHO estimates that 70% of premature deaths among adults are largely due to behaviors initiated during adolescence, including poor eating habits (WHO 2005. Ten facts about chronic diseases).

Road traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among young people between 10 and 24 years, according to a report published by WHO. The report, Youth and Road Safety, says that nearly 400 000 young people under the age of 25 are killed in road traffic crashes every year. Millions more are injured or disabled. (WHO-2007)

Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-olds, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, surpassed only by accidents and homicide. (CDC-2007)

Young people under 25 years constitute one-third of the more than a quarter of a million people infected with an STI each day (Blum and Nelson 2004; FHI 2009).

Global Survey on Youth

This is an open invitation to the youth of the world. Being a youth activist from Sri Lanka, I have always been passionate about contemporary issues faced by youth. In view of this I took part as a delegate at World Conference on Youth 2014, where I was able to get in touch with youth acti...

The Question of Abortion

“No woman can call herself free who does not control her own body.” - Margaret Sanger The...

Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone! I am so excited about blogging on VOY and seeing as this is my first post, I thoug...

"'It is not enough to tell people that FGM is illegal,' says FGM...

Source: http://www.girleffect.org/news/2014/02/zero-tolerance-to-fgm-2014/

5 Ways Young People Can Help End FGM

When we hear about organizations working towards a change for the better, we think that we cannot do anything to help because we lack the money, time, resources, or power to do anything significant. However, I have realized that simply being aware of these issues and being able to communicat...

Taking action to bring about change, a group of media nomads took the initiative...

Source: http://bit.ly/1tGwikW

From community mapping to postive change

Should the needle exchange programme be implemented in the Seychelles

An island treasure in the ocean has not been able to escape the rampant drug trade haunting the wo...

Why We Should Practice Safe Sex

The coming of technology has seen both good and bad vice in our societies. Youth are enganging in...

Why you need to be a part of #YouthForChange

My name is Rahma and I’m 15 years old. I’ve been campaigning against FGM for 3 years in a yout...

How money should work (Rephrasing; If I was a Millionaire)

I have always been proud of being a teetotaller. It was a principle that I associated with my life...

CRF Tanzania Young Reporters reflect on their experience covering the...

Neema from Tanzania, Mwanza "I enjoyed the trainings, they enabled me to do good interviews, o...