Fact Sheet

WHO estimates that 70% of premature deaths among adults are largely due to behaviors initiated during adolescence, including poor eating habits (WHO 2005. Ten facts about chronic diseases).

Road traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among young people between 10 and 24 years, according to a report published by WHO. The report, Youth and Road Safety, says that nearly 400 000 young people under the age of 25 are killed in road traffic crashes every year. Millions more are injured or disabled. (WHO-2007)

Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-olds, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, surpassed only by accidents and homicide. (CDC-2007)

Young people under 25 years constitute one-third of the more than a quarter of a million people infected with an STI each day (Blum and Nelson 2004; FHI 2009).

Let's treat this

The definition for HIV is human immune deficiency virus and AIDS is acquired immune deficiency syndrome. The difference between the two is that HIV is a virus while AIDS is a condition. A person can be infected with HIV by having unprotected sexual intercourse with an infected person. Circum...

Climate Change and Child-led

The Zambian economy is predominantly based on the exploitation of the country's natural resources. T...

Let's talk about health access

We are a group of 10 girls in Yilonayili Anglican Primary School. Yilonayili is a village under th...

"Be Thankful" and "Be Happy"

It’s been a month since my last post published on VOY website and I feel so good because I final...

Our Health at Risk in Schools

The Tech Girls club of Sakasaka Primary is happy to share the plight of pupils in the school with...

Thank You VOY Community for Making us #VOYHappy

To celebrate International Day of Happiness, we asked what makes you happy. Your responses have be...

21 Questions!

I don't know how to start this note or make the words suitable for everyone to understand. Well the...

Girls' demand for health facility

Yong – Dakpemyili is in the Tamale metropolis. It is about 16 km away from Tamale. The Tech Girl...

VOY team is #VOYHappy- What is happiness to you?

Happy International Day of Happiness, VOY! We asked our VOY and social media team what happiness...