Fact Sheet

WHO estimates that 70% of premature deaths among adults are largely due to behaviors initiated during adolescence, including poor eating habits (WHO 2005. Ten facts about chronic diseases).

Road traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among young people between 10 and 24 years, according to a report published by WHO. The report, Youth and Road Safety, says that nearly 400 000 young people under the age of 25 are killed in road traffic crashes every year. Millions more are injured or disabled. (WHO-2007)

Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-olds, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, surpassed only by accidents and homicide. (CDC-2007)

Young people under 25 years constitute one-third of the more than a quarter of a million people infected with an STI each day (Blum and Nelson 2004; FHI 2009).

Handwashing: A Free Vaccine Against Out-breaking diseases.

Today, 15 October 2014, marks the Global Hand-washing Day. This marked events really helps educa...

International Day of the Girl Child

The “International Day of Girl Child” passed only a few days ago on 11th October with the them...

International Day of the Girl Child: #EndTheSilence

Today is the International Day of the Girl Child. Five months ago, nearly 300 Nigerian girls were...

THE SECRET OF STRONG AND HEALTHY TEETH

Have you ever talked near someone and they held their nostrils very tight or moved away and lookin...

Why going veggie really makes you healthier.

A couple of months ago I decide it was time for me to try a meat-free diet. I'll be honest I only lasted a week, but I made my target. Being accustomed to meat I thought it would be near impossible (ok, I exaggerated a bit) to stop eating it. But it wasn't. I managed it and surprisingl...

Depression - what does it look like?

Depression is often treated lightly - around school, we can often hear classmates throwing the ter...

http://imgur.com/Wn9niN1.jpg

Source: http://i.imgur.com/Wn9niN1.jpg

In Sierra Leone youth are helping fight Ebola

He’s may only be 20 years old, but Alusine Bangura, is of the young people helping in the fight...

Post-2015 Updates from a Child Rights Perspective on Instagram & Tumbl...

The UNICEF Post-2015 Team is pleased to share its new social media sites on Instagram and Tumblr!...

THE MINDSET TREE

THE MINDSET TREE In Zambia, poverty has escalated rapidly and it has gone out of control. This...

Collective Action for sustainable development

Leave no one behind… Village communities show the way towards an inclusive post-2015 framework....