Fact Sheet

WHO estimates that 70% of premature deaths among adults are largely due to behaviors initiated during adolescence, including poor eating habits (WHO 2005. Ten facts about chronic diseases).

Road traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among young people between 10 and 24 years, according to a report published by WHO. The report, Youth and Road Safety, says that nearly 400 000 young people under the age of 25 are killed in road traffic crashes every year. Millions more are injured or disabled. (WHO-2007)

Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-olds, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, surpassed only by accidents and homicide. (CDC-2007)

Young people under 25 years constitute one-third of the more than a quarter of a million people infected with an STI each day (Blum and Nelson 2004; FHI 2009).

Disability is not inability

My mum who is visually impaired once told me that,'it is you people who see us disabled.We can do...

A common thread: reaching every woman and every newborn

The CRF young reporters attended the "A common thread: reaching every woman and every newborn" rec...

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/sets/pmnch-partnerss-forum

Alexander Clinic Visit

CRF youth visit the Alexander Clinic and interview general public and Sister Ellen on issues perta...

CRF Tanzania visiting the Alex FM "Bigger than life" studios

CRF Tanzania team visiting the Alex FM studios for a tour and sharing their knowledge on maternal,...

CRF covering the PMNCH 2014 Partners' Forum

Today kicked off the first day of the Children's Radio Foundation's preparation for the upcoming P...

STOP BULLYING!!!

Hey everyone! I'm Grace and im new here. I am 13 years old and turning 14 this August. I am from I...