Fact Sheet

WHO estimates that 70% of premature deaths among adults are largely due to behaviors initiated during adolescence, including poor eating habits (WHO 2005. Ten facts about chronic diseases).

Road traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among young people between 10 and 24 years, according to a report published by WHO. The report, Youth and Road Safety, says that nearly 400 000 young people under the age of 25 are killed in road traffic crashes every year. Millions more are injured or disabled. (WHO-2007)

Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-olds, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, surpassed only by accidents and homicide. (CDC-2007)

Young people under 25 years constitute one-third of the more than a quarter of a million people infected with an STI each day (Blum and Nelson 2004; FHI 2009).

VOY team is #VOYHappy- What is happiness to you?

Happy International Day of Happiness, VOY! We asked our VOY and social media team what happiness...

I Am African - African Voice

I am African. Black I am, coined and carved out of Black Nature. Groomed from the bowel of: heat, po...

Into a Bird's Eye View

Do you use your eyes wisely? – There is a large variety of perspectives, which one of them is yo...

VOYHappy! What is your recipe for happiness?

Tap your feet, dance to your favorite song by yourself, meet up with some old friends, play the pi...

Living by Example

A good example is the best sermon. - Benjamin Franklin Children are the future of tomorrow and m...

Zambia's First Lady Partners with UNICEF Child Ambassadors HIV Advocac...

One third (4 million) of the Zambian population is 15-24 years old; however, every hour, 3 of these...

Has obesity become too big of a problem?

Obesity is becoming a major problem in the world as of late. 520,000,000 people worldwide are ob...

How To Avoid Being Bullied

1) NOTE that body language is extremely. important. -Do not look at your feet when you walk. - Do no...

The true infrastructure to growth

No matter what age you are, it is possible to reach a stage of spiritual knowledge, understanding...

The dangers of social networks

Social networking sites haven’t been around for too long but their popularity among kids and young adults is strong. When I was younger, I remember grownups informing me and other kids of the dangers in social networks and what dire consequences it could have if you left too much informati...