Fact Sheet

WHO estimates that 70% of premature deaths among adults are largely due to behaviors initiated during adolescence, including poor eating habits (WHO 2005. Ten facts about chronic diseases).

Road traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among young people between 10 and 24 years, according to a report published by WHO. The report, Youth and Road Safety, says that nearly 400 000 young people under the age of 25 are killed in road traffic crashes every year. Millions more are injured or disabled. (WHO-2007)

Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-olds, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, surpassed only by accidents and homicide. (CDC-2007)

Young people under 25 years constitute one-third of the more than a quarter of a million people infected with an STI each day (Blum and Nelson 2004; FHI 2009).

Proud to be a Seychellois

I am a 24 year old islander who practises as an advocate in the Seychelles courts and during out-o...

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/youth-reporter-mbalenhle-intervi...

Mbali interviews the "Princess of Africa"

Mbali interviews Yvonne Chaka Chaka at the "A Common Thread: Reaching Every Woman and Every Newbor...

Day One #PMNCH, Johannesburg, South Africa.

Despite improvements, 289,000 women still die every year from complications at birth and 6.6 milli...

PMNCH Partners' Forum Youth Zone, Welcome Address & Press Conference

"If you like something there is a seed and there are no seeds without fruit. So if you like someth...

Disability is not inability

My mum who is visually impaired once told me that,'it is you people who see us disabled.We can do...

A common thread: reaching every woman and every newborn

The CRF young reporters attended the "A common thread: reaching every woman and every newborn" rec...

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/sets/pmnch-partnerss-forum

Alexander Clinic Visit

CRF youth visit the Alexander Clinic and interview general public and Sister Ellen on issues perta...