Fact Sheet

WHO estimates that 70% of premature deaths among adults are largely due to behaviors initiated during adolescence, including poor eating habits (WHO 2005. Ten facts about chronic diseases).

Road traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among young people between 10 and 24 years, according to a report published by WHO. The report, Youth and Road Safety, says that nearly 400 000 young people under the age of 25 are killed in road traffic crashes every year. Millions more are injured or disabled. (WHO-2007)

Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-olds, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, surpassed only by accidents and homicide. (CDC-2007)

Young people under 25 years constitute one-third of the more than a quarter of a million people infected with an STI each day (Blum and Nelson 2004; FHI 2009).

Chilean Youth care about Sexual and Reproductive Rights

Chile is the so called “big brother” of the region because of its strength and confidence gene...

“Young people in Gaza are the most traumatized population in the wor...

In an exclusive interview with "Humanitarian's Manifesto", a community powered initiative, Dr. Aki...

Mental Health and It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

What is mental health to you? What comes to mind when you hear mental health? Mental heal...

What You Do Not Know About Ebola Virus Can Kill You

Recently, the Ebola virus has outstripped Guinean borders; the whole continent is in danger. Not only is the epidemic killing but it also has the power to change your perception. In fact, after this scourge, the world is not able to see Africans as usual anymore. This is not racism; this is...

International Youth Day #IYD14 - Why we need to talk about #SexualViol...

It's time for youth to talk about Sexual Violence. This past June, members of governments a...

International Youth Day 2014 - Mental Health Matters

Happy International Youth Day everyone! Thank you for making VOY the amazing, inspiring, dy...

5 Reasons Why Female Circumcision Needs To Stop

There can be little doubt that female circumcision is one of the most shocking cultural practices...

Mental Health of Youth

Neither we are child nor are we old Foundations for development, we are gold. We are in prob...

Nigerian youth multiplying impact

A developing country has at least three dire needs - development, national transformation and yout...