Fact Sheet

WHO estimates that 70% of premature deaths among adults are largely due to behaviors initiated during adolescence, including poor eating habits (WHO 2005. Ten facts about chronic diseases).

Road traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among young people between 10 and 24 years, according to a report published by WHO. The report, Youth and Road Safety, says that nearly 400 000 young people under the age of 25 are killed in road traffic crashes every year. Millions more are injured or disabled. (WHO-2007)

Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-olds, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, surpassed only by accidents and homicide. (CDC-2007)

Young people under 25 years constitute one-third of the more than a quarter of a million people infected with an STI each day (Blum and Nelson 2004; FHI 2009).

International Volunteers Day

Recently on 5th December, 2014, we observed "International Volunteers Day" with the theme "People's Participation. Make Change Happen, Volunteer!". Being a youth & a volunteer myself, "International Volunteers Day" was of great importance to me. As I have been placed as an ICS (Inter...

Interview with Yeshey Namgyal, a young filmmaker from Bhutan. His vide...

1. What is your video about? The short documentary is about a young person Pema with a physica...

Let’s protect the vulnerable!

Somebody sent me a really disturbing video showing a grown woman severely abusing a toddler. The v...

Ebola Virus? keep action!

Ebola's term comes from the Ebola River in Congo. Ebola is the most famous topic among the cou...

Gender Issues must be taken into consideration in all stages of Develo...

The 16 Days of Activism against gender violence is an international campaign. It starts on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women on 25th November and ends on 10 December, Human Rights Day. The campaign hopes to raise awareness on gender based violence prevention...

The Coalition of Immokalee Workers--My Crusade

When you are trying to change the world, and everyone around you says “no”, you are most likel...

WHY ABSTINENCE ALONE JUST WONT CUT IT

In this generation it is normal to see young people going out and dating but not so long ago durin...

PRESSURES FACED BY THE YOUTH

Youths take up most of the world’s population and so when there are problems they are the most a...

TEEN DATING AND FLIRTING- WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE

Most people in between the age 15-24 are found in romantic relationships just for the fun of it. I...