Fact Sheet

WHO estimates that 70% of premature deaths among adults are largely due to behaviors initiated during adolescence, including poor eating habits (WHO 2005. Ten facts about chronic diseases).

Road traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among young people between 10 and 24 years, according to a report published by WHO. The report, Youth and Road Safety, says that nearly 400 000 young people under the age of 25 are killed in road traffic crashes every year. Millions more are injured or disabled. (WHO-2007)

Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-olds, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, surpassed only by accidents and homicide. (CDC-2007)

Young people under 25 years constitute one-third of the more than a quarter of a million people infected with an STI each day (Blum and Nelson 2004; FHI 2009).

Technology - the inventor of Sexting

Recently a friend of mine told me how a girl he met on a social network sent him nude pictures of he...

Learn by happiness, not by pressure

Learn from happiness, not by pressure The politicians here in Sweden are worried, the Swedish...

Abortion let's take responsibility- what do you think!

I am going to write about abortion, a very big issue nowadays. Actually it has both risen and fallen because the amount of contraceptives has increased. There are still those who don’t look after themselves and it occurs a mistake. Abortion is a termination of pregnancy; it is very commo...

Are we looking for perfection?

At the expense of global warming, disruption in the earth's crust, conflict and reduction in the ear...

How far should I go to fit in? Topic 2

You don't need to raise your shoulders or seek what it is you are not close to. All you need do is t...

How far should I go to fit in?

I have heard people say, "I will do anything to get what I want. I would like to ask you! What do yo...

Child abuse and the Environment!

Should we accept it or refuse it? It was 8 am in the morning, as I woke up on the wrong side of my b...

IMPORTANCE OF CIRCUMCISION

Since the 19th century, many English-speaking peoples have adopted the custom of circumcision, pri...

#UNSLCD Posts and Comments

UNSLCD Editing and Comments team are checking all Posts, Comments and Questions, if you have any q...

Day 1: #UNSLCD (15:00)

Voting has been complete! Andres & Kelly have been elected Chairperson and Vice Chairperson respectively. Facilitators, Discussion Monitors, and Sub-theme editors are being appointed, and the final touches are being made for the Video conference on Monday, March 3, 2014. Use #UNSLC...