#Health

The World Health Organization defines health as “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”.

Main health issues affecting young people today are linked either to behavior or an unprotected environment. They include, among others, injuries from accidents, health problems due to tobacco and substance abuse, lacking physical exercise, HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases, Malaria and Ebola. Additionally, mental health is increasingly gaining recognition as a major problem affecting youth globally - suicide and depression are alarmingly common among youth in both urban and rural environments.

Young people often encounter barriers in accessing health services. Many health facilities don’t offer confidential and youth-friendly services where young people feel comfortable seeking care. Additionally, many young people don’t have the financial means to seek care on their own, and restrictive laws and policies in many countries require a parent’s written permission to access services.

Too many young people aren't aware of specific health risks or how and where they can access appropriate health services and information. This situation calls for intensified efforts to increase awareness among youth!

Researching issues connected to health, you might want to check out these resources:

World Health Organization - Adolescent Health

United Nations Population Fund - Young People

Joint UN Programme on HIV/AIDS - Goals on HIV/AIDS

TeensHealth - Teens

Homesick-Less

Dear family, To a father, a mother and a younger sister. To papa, maa and Jiya. It’...

Unnoticed Neighbors

Today, almost every corner of the planet is home to someone. Wherever you go to live, most probabl...

What Have We Done?

What can I do to make a difference? What can I do to change perceptions? What can I do to get othe...

Hydroponics: A New Green

Hydroponics is an upcoming trend of agriculture, which is useful for the conservation of water, mo...

Please stop the bullying

Forgive your enemies. For me, personally, hearing that phrases, evokes anger that is buried deep down. Honestly, to forgive your enemies is really hard; not just enemies, but anyone who bring misery to you. It is hard to admit it but I am one of those people you will probably makes fun...

Dancy love threads

It's quite strange, our desire to belong to people, to grab someone's heart and let it swim in our myocardial capacity, let both of our hearts dance to the rhythms of our combined footsteps and dancy beats, let them find their own land, and dangle their feet on the walls of a well -nourished...

LGBT+ Rights and the Education System

A few days ago, I tweeted Peter Tatchell, a significant politician and LGBT+ Rights activist, to a...

Experiencing the Real Cuba

I went on a very memorable experience with my school, Centennial College. This trip gave me and the rest the feel of being a global humanitarian, or what Centennial College prepares and refers us to Global Citizens. I was very fortunate to be part of this adventure. We learned so much about...

The relationship between poverty and the environment

On 25th September 2015, 193 countries of the United Nations General Assembly adopted the 2030 agenda for Sustainable Development which contains 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The first and the foremost Sustainable Development goal is to “End Poverty in all forms everywhere”...

Sometimes love is all you can give

I live in a small country not many people know about but that was never an issue to me. I live in a small neighborhood, I have a great family and great friends. I had a wonderful life until last September when my grandfather got diagnosed with lung cancer. My grandfather has always been a...