TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE ON HIV &
AIDS - TAKE OUR QUIZ
- 2.1 million adolescents (10-19 years) were living with HIV in
- About 300,000 new HIV infections occurred among adolescents
(15-19 years) in 2012.
- HIV is the second leading cause of death among adolescents
according to the 2014 WHO Health for the World’s Adolescents
- AIDS-related deaths among adolescents (10-19 years) increased
by 50% between 2005 and 2012. Overall, deaths due to AIDS fell by
- Doing the right thing at the right time for all adolescents
could avert 2 million new infections among adolescents (10-19
years) by 2020.
- 260,000 new HIV infections occurred among children (0-14
years) in low- and middle-income countries in 2012.
- 850,000 new infections among children (0-14 years) in low-
and middle-income countries were prevented between 2005 and 2012.
- 34% of children (0-14 years) received the life-saving ART
they needed in 2012 versus 64% of adults.
- Without treatment, 1/3 of infants living with HIV will die
before their first birthday, and half will die before their
For more facts and details, check out www.childrenandaids.org.