Ayiti: The Cost of Life

BIRTH CONTROL: China’s One Child Policy

Today my attention has been tied to the one child policy in CHINA. As I read one article after ano...

Taking action at 2015....for a better future for everyone!

It seems that 2015 will be a crucial year for the world. This year two UN events will take place. The first one will be in September in New York, where world leaders, after the "Millennium Development Goals" (which were put in 2000), will put a new set of goals, the "Sustainable Development...

A BLEEDING NATION- The Tears of Nigeria

Just two decades ago, my motherland was an emblem of love, peace and unity. There was sanctity, ec...

In the Worst Year of Child Rights

According to UNICEF Report, 2014, the year 2014 is declared as the worst year for child rights. According to the report, globally 230 million children live in the countries & areas torn by armed conflicts. Children are facing war, violence, atrocities & violence. They are killed, orphaned, k...

Why Throw Sticks At Mangoes?

I remember as a young Nigerian boy, I threw sticks to pluck off ripe mango fruits. I naturally threw...

Thank you

Today I want to speak. I usually don’t like to speak, but let it be said what needs to be said....

How migration enriches society

For centuries people have moved across the globe to pursue their dreams or just looking for a slig...

The Reality of Immigration

Immigration is a tricky and highly contested issue in American politics and society today. The who...

Restoring the hope of slum children through education

Right in the heart of Korogocho slum,one of the largest slums in Nariobi,Kenya sits a small comple...

Ghana Child Mining problem

I am a student from a school in Jakarta called Jakarta Intercultural School, and my name is Patrick. I am writing this letter in the hopes of bringing a certain problem to attention. The problem at hand are the current situations where children are forced to work in the mines, for whatever c...