Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Global Survey on Youth

This is an open invitation to the youth of the world. Being a youth activist from Sri Lanka, I have always been passionate about contemporary issues faced by youth. In view of this I took part as a delegate at World Conference on Youth 2014, where I was able to get in touch with youth acti...

Don't Abuse Me! Use Me!

A Child is a person below the legal age of 18 years, as stipulated by the laws of Zambia. By virtue of been human children are entitled to rights which are known as child rights. It is unfortunate that despite Zambia been a signatory to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Ch...

The Million Dollar Question

To me, the image that immediately accompanies the word ‘millionaire’ is that scene in a Duck T...

Two Sides of an Argument: Minimum Wage

Is a Minimum Wage Law Beneficial or Detrimental to a Country’s Economy and Citizens? Minimum...

Goddess

This video for the song 'Goddess' by up and coming US artist BANKS was inspired by UNICEF's work o...

Vulnerable Children

Vulnerable children have been disadvantaged in many areas. The strategy that can be used to improve the performance of these children in schools are stated as follows: (1) Subjects where they are not doing well must be identified and helped by both parents, teachers, and the community....

Girl Child

COULD THIS BE TRUE...!! Too much emphasis on the Girl Child makes her more vulnerable to danger.

What i could do if were a millionaire...

They say “money makes the world go round” and that “education is the key to success”. With...

A helping hand - If I were a billionaire

If I were a billionaire... What would you do if you had a billion pounds? What could you spend all that cold, hard cash on? I know what I'd spend it on. I'd buy a sports car and a mansion (or two). But seriously what could we do with a billion pounds to help? What could we do to be a g...

If I were a millionaire I would teach a man how to fish

As the proverb goes: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. If I were a millionaire I would teach the world how to fish. I use the phrase how to fish metaphorically, we do not need so many fishermen. Poverty is one of the greate...