Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Making Your Voice Count for slum Dwellers (World Habitat Day 2014 “V...

How to relate with Slum Dweller to get their stories. In line with the characteristics of slums shared you will discover that these areas are prone to claims by their owners and evacuations from such properties is inevitable without compensation or provision of an alternative location...

The United Nations designated every first Monday of October of every year as World Habitat Day. The purpose of World Habitat Day is to reflect on the state of our towns and cities, and on the basic right of all to adequate shelter and habitation. It is also intended to remind the world that...

What do you know about vanilla?

Vanilla is one of the species of orchids. Maroantsetra exports this product so that developed coun...

Carpentry in Maroantsetra

Maroantsetra is a city surrounded by primary forest. The inhabitants of Maroantsetra depend a lot...

What I learnt this past week

I am usually careful about what movie I should spend time seeing because I do not want to feel tha...

Feeding mouths; is it a child's responsibility?

Is it a child’s responsibility to feed his family or siblings? More especially if the child is o...

#Read2Riches: Social Media & Reading Culture

As we scan for the latest gists on Social Media with our handy gadgets, today's youths are beginni...

Does race or wealth determine your destiny?

"What the white used to say about the blacks we now say about the poor." Chinua Achebe (Anthills of the Savannah) Many people are born in the same country yet have different destinies. Whilst some people think it is out of our control whilst others believe it is in their complete control....

Development – is it controversial?

In Sri Lanka, we suffered from the atrocities and grieved over losses in a civil war that lasted 3...

IT's MY WORLD...

You know how in those alien invasion movies like "transformers" how aliens can just create a new h...