Ayiti: The Cost of Life

Education is key

Eduacation. I am one of those people who believes that education of the youth is the key to everything. I could even go as far a saying that it is they key to world peace.Stimulating the minds of young people is one of the most important things a parent can do for their young kids. I've seen...

Achieving Food Security in Times of Crisis

We observed “International Food Day” on 16th October. This year theme of the day was “Family Farming – Feeding the World, Caring the Earth”. Family farming helps in achieving food security by eradicating hunger, improving livelihoods, achieving sustainability etc. In this moder...

Convention of the Rights and Responsibilities of the Child

I had a read through the Convention on the Rights of the Child before writing this post and thought it was missing something. With rights comes responsibilities and that should be acknowledged in the Convention. It is correct that children should be have a right to a family, education, healt...

Dignity

I saw him on my way back from college. A lean adolescent swaying back and forth as the tides of fear lolled him with a lullaby only he can hear. A small black coconut shell was seated next to him with a few coins and wisps of embarrassment in it. I peered into his eyes from where I stood and...

Paul Collier’s The Bottom Billion

If you are up for a classic that analyses critical issues in development policy and economics, you should read The Bottom Billion by Paul Collier. What stands out for me in the book are the relevance of some issues broached for the present, the elaborate development instruments-including...

"What will generations remember about youths of today?"

50 years ago our forefathers fought hard until Zambia gained her independence from British rule. T...

One Young World summit - We can learn from each other!

From the 15th October to the 18th October I was privileged to attend the one young world conferenc...

My Earth; My Responsibility

Earth is a beautiful living planet of the Universe as the common habitat of more than 7 billion human population & millions of species of biodiversity. Our Earth provides us with food, shelter & with most of our requirements. Despite unavoidable free services provided by earth to h...

International Day for Poverty Eradication: The Air We Daily Breathe.

17th October marks the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty. I take it that this day onl...

World Food Day 2014 and Family Farming

Some of you would really be surprised about the fact that nearly everyday is an international day...