Ayiti: The Cost of Life

If I were a millionaire...

Have you ever wondered about what you would do with millions of dollars? Would you buy a new house...

Living in Lagos

I live in the developing world, also known as the Third World. Let me admit that I have particularly gotten tired reading about what our problems are. Everyone and every medium seem to be talking about it. It’s in the news and everywhere on the internet. Sometimes the argument is whether w...

The reasons why i think there is poverty and hunger in Zambia

My name is Kelvin Chikwa. I am 17 years old from Lusaka, Zambia. I am at Munali secondary school.Here are some of the reasons I think Zambia is developing poverty and hunger.......................... Dependency Syndrome: In as much as foreign aid is essential for the development of count...

Reasons why there is poverty in ZAMBIA

My name is Alick. I am 17 years old and I come from Lusaka, Zambia. Here are some of the reasons I think Zambia is in poverty.................... Politicians/Leaders: The quality of leaders we continue to elect leaves much to be desired. Even in the business world, executives in Zambi...

Disability is not inability

My mum who is visually impaired once told me that,'it is you people who see us disabled.We can do...

Ramadan: The meaning behind the month

Starting tomorrow Muslims across the world will begin fasting during the month of Ramadan. Being a British Muslim, I am often faced with questions like "Why do you fast?" or "What is Ramadan?" I believe it is important for us all to be aware of different cultures and religions so I tho...

My Fathers And I

My fathers and I I remember when the grass became a patriot on the sod and how growth was a midget in conflict. I remember when men couldn't feed and how wooden huts became a choice. I remember how the territory of slaves was carved from pain. I remember when my forefathers agreed to change the worl...

Youth & Community Theatre for Development

Yesterday morning, on 23 June at UNICEF NYHQ, there was a feature on “Community Theatre in Achieving Results for Children” that was part of UNICEF’s 2014 Spotlight series on Communication for Development (C4D) Innovations for Equity. This feature facilitated a panel discussion on how C...

Poverty and Terrorism

Pakistan experiences the worst forms of poverty. I personally believe that poverty is a major reas...

What is success?

In life, everyone wants success. However, more than half of us are wrong when we consider ourselve...