Fact Sheet

The broadest assessment of this statement is the data on physical violence compiled by the Innocenti Research Centre for the UN Secretary-General’s Study on Violence against Children (2006), which led to an estimate of between 500 million and 1.5 billion children experiencing violence annually. (Progress for Children 2009)

86 per cent of children 2–14 years old experience physical punishment and/ or psychological aggression. Two out of three children are subject to physical punishment. (Progress for Children 2009)

In 35 countries with available data, the percentage of mothers or caregivers who think physical punishment is necessary to raise a child is consistently lower than the percentage of children 2–14 years old who are actually subjected to such discipline. (Progress for Children 2009)

Data from 68 countries indicate that more than 50 per cent of girls and women 15–49 years old think that a husband is justified in hitting or beating his wife under certain circumstances. (Progress for Children 2009)

Children 15–17 years old in the worst forms of child labour, including hazardous work, or in household chores for 43 or more hours per week. (Progress for Children 2009)

The UN estimates the number of children associated with armed groups or armed forces at more than 250,000.28. (Progress for Children 2009)

83 per cent of children 2–14 years old experienced violent forms of discipline, and 60 per cent experienced physical punishment. (Progress for Children 2009)

Ukraine. What's on the local news?

The situation in the ATO area remains tense and complicated. This week, the ATO forces were shelle...

Why Indian families dont consider a girls will before marriage

Many girls give up their careers their dreams under the pressure of marriage from family. Many parents dont look for their daughters happiness but fear from society and marry their daughters without their daughters will. Women have been given so many rights why not give them the right to cho...

MELODY OF LIFE

Life is like a melodious song waiting to be played or sung; Be it an elegy, Be it a lullaby,...

Young people are the most vulnerable and underrepresented victims of war-zone ra...

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joel-davis/youth-are-key-to-ending-s_b_6276282.htm...

Youth Are Key to Ending Sexual Violence in Conflict

Young people are the most vulnerable and underrepresented victims of war-zone rape. They continuously face the threat of sexual violence and experience the unimaginable consequences of war. Yet our voices are routinely excluded from peace processes and post-war reconstruction. We, who are ma...

Open Season

Skin as brown as dust They look at you They judge you Bang Bang They shoot you down Skin the color of dark chocolate Stripped of name Stripped of culture Stripped of freedom Stripped of justice A child still yet to become an adult Victimized and...

Who builds Peace in Colombia?

Peace talks seem to be the only topic people address when they refer to peace in Colombia and it´...

How to Film Protests | Part 2 | Prepare to Film

Before you film risky situations yourself, make sure that there is a person with you to be your assistant and to monitor the scene with you. A very important thing also that you shouldn't take photos in which appear persons' faces. Because videos these videos can be used against protesters....

The price for a Corruption free society is expensive

I am driving to the airport to catch a plane and time is running out. A traffic officer stops me b...

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/sets/child-gauge-book-launch

Child Gauge Book Launch

Young Reporters from Aganang FM and Alex FM recently attended the Child Gauge Book Lauch in Pretor...

Gender Issues must be taken into consideration in all stages of Develo...

The 16 Days of Activism against gender violence is an international campaign. It starts on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women on 25th November and ends on 10 December, Human Rights Day. The campaign hopes to raise awareness on gender based violence prevention...