Fact Sheet

The broadest assessment of this statement is the data on physical violence compiled by the Innocenti Research Centre for the UN Secretary-General’s Study on Violence against Children (2006), which led to an estimate of between 500 million and 1.5 billion children experiencing violence annually. (Progress for Children 2009)

86 per cent of children 2–14 years old experience physical punishment and/ or psychological aggression. Two out of three children are subject to physical punishment. (Progress for Children 2009)

In 35 countries with available data, the percentage of mothers or caregivers who think physical punishment is necessary to raise a child is consistently lower than the percentage of children 2–14 years old who are actually subjected to such discipline. (Progress for Children 2009)

Data from 68 countries indicate that more than 50 per cent of girls and women 15–49 years old think that a husband is justified in hitting or beating his wife under certain circumstances. (Progress for Children 2009)

Children 15–17 years old in the worst forms of child labour, including hazardous work, or in household chores for 43 or more hours per week. (Progress for Children 2009)

The UN estimates the number of children associated with armed groups or armed forces at more than 250,000.28. (Progress for Children 2009)

83 per cent of children 2–14 years old experienced violent forms of discipline, and 60 per cent experienced physical punishment. (Progress for Children 2009)

Animals have rights too!!!

I felt really bad when i was acknowledged about the fact that animals were disrespected in our wor...

Socal media day

Today 30/06/2014 is the social media day. Since I woke up in the morning I have been reflecting on...

Story of a girl

I was working in a primary health care unit with my colleagues, that is located in a rural area in my city in Egypt. I was taking information from a patient and she was about 13 years old. When I asked her about her education she said that she left school a year ago. I was shocked when I hea...

"Don't use drugs. To Live is Better!"

A cry in defense of Life: Don't use drugs. To Live is Better! Themes that defend human developme...

My Fathers And I

My fathers and I I remember when the grass became a patriot on the sod and how growth was a midget in conflict. I remember when men couldn't feed and how wooden huts became a choice. I remember how the territory of slaves was carved from pain. I remember when my forefathers agreed to change the worl...

Revolutionary change from the politics of death

Once again our collective opinion on voice as a strong vehement Nigerian youth for a revolutionize...

Youth & Community Theatre for Development

Yesterday morning, on 23 June at UNICEF NYHQ, there was a feature on “Community Theatre in Achieving Results for Children” that was part of UNICEF’s 2014 Spotlight series on Communication for Development (C4D) Innovations for Equity. This feature facilitated a panel discussion on how C...

Poverty and Terrorism

Pakistan experiences the worst forms of poverty. I personally believe that poverty is a major reas...

What is success?

In life, everyone wants success. However, more than half of us are wrong when we consider ourselve...

There have been quite a lot relating to this problem in news. It is shocking to...

Source: http://www.nssc1.org/school-violence-problem.html

Do you think school violence is becoming a problem?

If you watch news channels quite often, then it is sure you must have heard a lot about school violence. There have been quite a lot relating to this problem in news. It is shocking to hear about incidents of cyberbullying, killing, injuring or rape attempts in schools. But what is the reason behind...