Fact Sheet

The broadest assessment of this statement is the data on physical violence compiled by the Innocenti Research Centre for the UN Secretary-General’s Study on Violence against Children (2006), which led to an estimate of between 500 million and 1.5 billion children experiencing violence annually. (Progress for Children 2009)

86 per cent of children 2–14 years old experience physical punishment and/ or psychological aggression. Two out of three children are subject to physical punishment. (Progress for Children 2009)

In 35 countries with available data, the percentage of mothers or caregivers who think physical punishment is necessary to raise a child is consistently lower than the percentage of children 2–14 years old who are actually subjected to such discipline. (Progress for Children 2009)

Data from 68 countries indicate that more than 50 per cent of girls and women 15–49 years old think that a husband is justified in hitting or beating his wife under certain circumstances. (Progress for Children 2009)

Children 15–17 years old in the worst forms of child labour, including hazardous work, or in household chores for 43 or more hours per week. (Progress for Children 2009)

The UN estimates the number of children associated with armed groups or armed forces at more than 250,000.28. (Progress for Children 2009)

83 per cent of children 2–14 years old experienced violent forms of discipline, and 60 per cent experienced physical punishment. (Progress for Children 2009)

The New Era for the Youth

The Philippines' National Hero, Dr. Jose P. Rizal once said, "Ang kabataan ang pag-asa ng bayan."...

We are Offering Ambassadorships to Young People in Conflict-Affected A...

Youth to End Sexual Violence is a network of young people, dedicated to ending the use of rape and...

Praises for a local hero: Benjamin Adekunle

As the world celebrated the International Day of Peace on September 21, I found myself thinking ab...

On September 20th, British Actress Emma Watson stepped into her role as the Good...

Source: http://www.youthtoendsexualviolence.org/blog/2014/9/21/heforshe-special-event

On Gender Equality and Sexual Violence: HeForShe Special Event co-host...

On September 20th, British Actress Emma Watson stepped into her role as the Goodwill Ambassador for UN Women, co-hosting the launch event for their new solidarity movement, the "HeForShe Campaign". Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, UN Under-Secretary General and Executive Director of UN Women, pro...

Story of Basanta Adhikari, a youth advocate in Nepal

“To fall in a mud is not a disgrace but to stay there is”. I failed many times in my life, b...

We are not toys!

Last Monday while one of my friends was travelling by bus, a man in his fifties sat next to her. W...

Source: http://www.snyc.info/messages-of-peace-from-the-youths-of-the-seychelles-ipd14/

MESSAGES OF PEACE FROM YOUTHS OF SEYCHELLES

Sunday 21st September 2014 was International Peace Day. We are grateful in the Seychelles that we live in a country in peace but our heart aches as fellow young people do not enjoy this human right. A right to live in a world free of conflict and war- a world of peace. Please click on th...

International Day Of Peace.

September 21,1981 The United Nations General Assembly declares that on this day world peace is...

.. YoUtH ..

Please read this. I 've watched this speech in English and I love so much this text that I want to share with all of youthvoices.. If you want to see the amazing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHE_XGtUNx4 but you can read : Wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for t...