A glimpse into Digitally Connected - from PressPass TV

Publicado 28 de mayo de 2014 Avatar KateVOY

Avatar KateVOY Ver Perfil

At the end of April, a really exciting event took place in Boston in the US - the Digitally Connected symposium. Experts and innovators from all around the world came together and spent two-and-a-half days discussing the importance of digital in the lives of children and youth today. They shared knowledge about the research and projects that they have been working on, and discussed how they can collaborate better, to make digital tools even more effective for children.

The symposium was co-hosted by UNICEF and the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University. You can read more about it here.

To capture some of the existing talks and discussions at Digitally Connected, the Berkman Center invited a local youth media organisation - Press PassTV - to attend the symposium, and to interview some of the participants. Press Pass TV is an award-winning organization that uses the power of media arts to provide meaningful employment and education for youth living in low-income neighborhoods.

A group of youth journalists joined on the first two days of the symposium after finishing school and produced these really great short videos which capture the exciting spirit of the event.

This video features Akaliza Gara, the founder of a multimedia company called Shaking Sun; a member of Girls In ICT Rwanda; Dorothea Kleine is Director of the ICT4D Centre at Royal Holloway, University of London; Ricarose Roque, a PhD student at the MIT Media Lab; and Chisenga Muyoyo co-founder of the Asikana Network; and Gurumurthy Kasinathan, the Founder and Director of IT for Change, an NGO based in Bangalore, India.

Check out the second video here.

Internet online safety digital youth media Press Pass TV Digitally Connected Bostob Berkman Center