A new government program aims to provide a free education for all Haiti's children

Publicado 26 de octubre de 2011 no picture

Se registró el día 26 de octubre de 2011

The Global Partnership for Education has helped more than 19 million children go to school for the first time. A campaign to renew support for these efforts will culminate with a pledging event in Copenhagen on 7-8 November. In order to highlight the Partnership’s work, UNICEF is publishing a series of stories on the Back on Track website. The first story in this series is titled “A new government program aims to provide a free education for all Haiti’s children”. Early this month, the Haitian government announced that 772,000 children will receive free schooling this year, including 142,000 children who have never attended school before. UNICEF’s reporter Benjamin Steinlechner talks to Lucien and Nai Ka, classmates at an elementary school in Tabarre, about what going to school means for them.

To read the story, please visit: http://www.educationandtransition.org/resources/a-new-government-program-aims-to-provide-a-free-education-for-all-haitis-children/