'A Starving Child In Africa Would Eat That'

Publicado 11 de noviembre de 2011 no picture

Se registró el día 11 de noviembre de 2011

Everyday, I bring a cooler-full of food to school. I eat it completely. But only recently have I realized how lucky I am to have that. I eat what could feed a whole family, by myself for lunch. I realize this, and yes, I donate to Heifer International and various other charities fighting hunger in less developed country every year, but I feel many people don't realize it. I feel like many people think it is our right to eat a ton of food every day, but it isn't our right, it is a gift. Now, I don't feel that every remaining crumb deserves the arguement that 'a starving child in Africa would eat that', because, let's be honest, I don't plan on flying the crust of my grilled cheese sandwhich to Mali. But there is some reasoning behind the fact that we can buy enough food to feed 1.5 times as many people as we actually need, but many of us fail to donate the small amount of money necessary for food to get out to all those 'starving african children.' I think that we need to find a way to get our money out to all the people who cannot afford to eat, if they are from Indonesia, or from our own country. We can solve this problem by helping spread the word, and help fund the groups that get food out to those people.