Armed conflicts and the childhood innocence.

Publicado 6 de febrero de 2012 Avatar Facundo Sutherland

Avatar Facundo Sutherland Ver Perfil
Se registró el día 17 de octubre de 2011

I think we all know, through the mass media, the events that take place during any recent conflict. But something is not shown. This is the psychological injury that it causes in children, not only in the most closely affected. I still remember that September 11, 2001, at six years, celebrating Teachers' Day in Argentina in the house of my grandmother, the television images of planes crashing into the World Trade Center. My family and I did not understand why people were jumping from burning buildings...

One thing that policymakers should consider that violence takes away the innocence of childhood. I give you an example: a 10-year-old Iraqi notes the U.S. military kill children the same age as "error", by confusing a missile target. Citing another: how do you explain to a child on Colombia and Mexico the consistent experience of murders and kidnappings? How do you give that child hope for "a better world"? This will mimic what children do into adulthood. Violence causes more violence. A boy who cannot play, but only escape bullets is not a child. Laughter is the most beautiful child, but unfortunately, I begin to believe that what prevail in the faces of the world's children are the tears. Hopefully this will change. The sentence above was one I read on the web and I thought the most appropriate one to reflect the subject.

Aside: Referred to the subject, I would recommend two films look excellent and let me reflect on the topic:

-The Empire of the Sun. "(The Empire of the Sun). 1987. Directed by Steven Spielberg. With Christian Bale. Topic: changes the life of a wealthy English boy after losing his father in the Japanese invasion of China in World War II and sent to a concentration camp, where you encontar how to survive.

-"Hotaru no Haka" (Grave of the Fireflies) 1988. Directed by Isao Takahata. Animation. Topic: The lives of two brothers in Japan devastated during the war.

Photo: © © UNICEF/NYHQ2011-0441/ Veronique de Viguerie Sudan, 201, Charles [NAME CHANGED] stands outside his home near the town of Yambio, capital of Western Equatoria State in Southern Sudan. He has scars on his back from the repeated beatings he suffered while a captive of the LRA. He escaped last year and, with UNICEF support, was reunited with his family.