Child friendly, no inequity

Publicado 14 de marzo de 2014 no picture Achmad

no picture Achmad Ver Perfil
Se registró el día 9 de octubre de 2013

Children in schooling

Children in schooling

Inequity and disparity has threatened the realm of education, more notably where gender because girls and boys do not harbor the same equalities. Although, there are plenty of targets made and determined by governments, the targets have not yet been achieved due difficulties. For instance, in Indonesia, there are still inequities of education between students with disabilities and those without. Most of them are marginalized to the specific areas in education.

The Millennium Development Goals and the Education for all targets emphasize that equity of development should be implemented in all aspects of life, including education. A common perspective of equity is the same on the human rights principles of inclusion, social justice and fairness. An initiative proposed by UNICEF Headquarters is Child-Friendly Education (CFE). Child-friendly education (CFE) is an innovative program which allows children to reach the right to education and to equity. In accordance with the characteristics of CFE itself, the right to education and equity include: (1) child-centred; and (2) child-seeking. The background and ability of children are not obstructed to have an equal chance to enter the education system. As mentioned above, full range barriers make it difficult to attain good access to education, including gender discrimination, poverty, isolation, language, ethnicity and disability, will be addressed by Child-friendly Education (CFE). Implementing Child-friendly Education range barriers make it difficult to attain good access to education, including gender discrimination, poverty, isolation, language, ethnicity and disability. (UNICEF 2011). A common understanding of the principles and dimensions of rights-based, child-friendly education. Situation analyses and baseline assessments at the national and local levels of the current state of ‘child-friendliness’ and laws, policies, programmes and practices that exist or could be developed to promote child-friendly education. · Standards and indicators related to greater access and higher quality, and monitoring and evaluation mechanisms to assess their achievement. · Sectoral development plans based on CFE principles and standards. · Pilot programmes that attempt to develop and then model best practices for replication. · Communication and advocacy within government and out to the public about the importance of child-friendly education. · Partnerships within the government and with non-governmental and community organizations, the private sector and international development agencies. · Securing the necessary human and financial resources that will enable the education system to become increasingly child-friendly.
Furthermore, where should other considerations of levels of action of CFE will be placed? It should be placed (1) at the macro (level of policy and strategy development) by expanding conceptual framework and broadening the focus of child-friendliness; (2) at the micro (school level) by achieving equity-based outcomes at the local level.
Reference: UNICEF. 2011. Identifying and Promoting Good Practice in Equity and Child-Friendly Education. UNICEF Headquarters, New York, USA.

children UNICEF school education friendly child friendly spaces