Convention on the Rights of the Child(CRC)

Publicado 17 de abril de 2012 no picture

Se registró el día 17 de abril de 2012

Thomas Bunting

The CRC mission is to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and to expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. UNICEF is guided in doing this by the provisions and principles of the Convention on the Rights of the Child. Built on legal systems and cultural traditions the convention is trying to set non negotiable standards for children around the world.

They are founded on respect for the dignity and worth of each individual, regardless of race, colour, gender, language, religion, opinions, origins, wealth, birth status or ability and therefore apply to every human being everywhere. With these rights comes the obligation on both governments and individuals not to infringe on the parallel rights of others.

The Convention on the Rights of the Child is the first legally binding international instrument to incorporate the full range of human rights, civil, cultural, economic, political and social rights. Despite their efforts leaders also wanted to make sure that the world would recognized that children have human rights too.

The Convention also wants to make sure that children have protection from harmful influences, abuse and exploitation; and to participate fully in family, cultural and social life. Besides the other influences the Convention wants to influence the four core principles of the Convention are non-discrimination; devotion to the best interests of the child and the right to life, survival and development; and respect for the views of the child.

Every right spelled out in the Convention is inherent to the human dignity and harmonious development of every child. The Convention protects children's rights by setting standards in health care; education; and legal, civil and social services. By supporting this Convention you will be doing a favour for all children across the world.

Work Cited- http://www.unicef.org/crc/