EMBEDDED FEAR

Publicado 4 de julio de 2013 no picture Ronalyn Franca

no picture Ronalyn Franca Ver Perfil
Se registró el día 4 de julio de 2013

Soldiers. They were supposed to serve the people, not to harm, not to create paranoia, not to embed fear on young minds. It is a failure and negligence of their obligation.

Philippines banners its socio-economic plans and programs designed to catalyze development and even hone its citizens to be globally competitive. Behind the glaring news about the economic ‘development’ of the country featured on different media around the world, this government failed to consider the REAL VOICES OF THE PEOPLE. Government has the capability to use their institutions to answer the people’s need or devise those to be of their own service. It would be too long for us to discuss the current composition of this government. But as I’ve observed, after the elections last May, I can conclude that 99.9% of those elected officers were from the highest of the highest, few of the fewest, richest of richest families in the country. They have the capability to use their institutions to answer the people’s need or DEVISE THOSE TO BE OF THEIR OWN SERVICE.

I have learned on my political science class that military is considered to be a repressive state apparatus, used to defend, but may be used to harm. I am not against their will to defend the people but to be used by those highest of the highest, few of the fewest, richest of richest families in the country, is debatable.

However, this is not about a discourse on families inside the government. This is about the families, children, communities that were affected by those harmful and threatening acts of the government, through the military. First, we should recognize that the Philippines has two existing governments, the Government of the Republic of the Philippines (GRP) and the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP). Secondly, it is just for the two governments to defend their “territory”. Third and lastly, there is this war and longest revolutionary movement in the Philippines.

According to Karapatan, from July 2010 (start of Pres. Noynoy Aquino’s presidency) to April 30, 2013, there are, 142 victims of extrajudicial killing, 164 cases of frustrated killing, 16 victims of enforced disappearance, 293 persons arrested and detained, 16 children killed, with ages ranging from four to 15, thousands of families affected by demolitions, and hundreds of individuals devastated because of militarization and human rights vilations. Philippines is a democratic country. But because of territorial and political disputes, GRP tends to use its repressive apparatus to defend itself, so as to CPP. However, disappointing it is to know such stories of children who were frightened of this GRP’s military operations. Disastrous enough, to a child and his family be forced to evacuate your community because of fear. Fear caused by the people, the military, who were supposed to serve the people, not to harm, not to create paranoia, not to embed fear on young minds.

(Fact sheet from Southern Tagalog Exposure - http://www.facebook.com/stexposure/media_set?set=a.494064610664252.1073741861.100001821525953&type=1)